Play Sports Network – the technology company behind Global Cycle Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network – is hiring a technical Product Owner.
We’re releasing exciting new social media for people who love cycling – anticipated to be adopted by millions globally. Our aim is to entertain, educate, inform and inspire.
Our apps are recently out of beta – already supporting seven languages – and you can now make a significant impact as we refine the early offerings, scope out what comes next and shape our product strategies.
We offer a culture where ideas may be taken from conception to production rapidly, collaborating with people who share your values in championing the user, using technology effectively and maximising reach. We’re embarking on many new projects and we’ll welcome your ability to steer our efforts, avoiding risks and meeting priorities.
We’d welcome a shared passion for the world of cycling, but most important is your understanding of how to capture, deliver and evolve features that people will love.
Early product deliverables
- Community-contributed content sharing
- Recommendation engine
- Search engine
- Video streaming, video on demand
- Real time data pipelines
- Productionising capabilities from machine learning team
- < your idea here >
We’re looking for
- Demonstrable abilities shaping social media, a B2C native app, or e-commerce product
- Strong understanding of scaling offerings, to serve a rapidly-growing audience
- A technical grounding; the workings of iOS/Android apps, or software/web development
- Ability to translate needs between users, partners, senior management and engineers
- Ability to own, shape and communicate effective product roadmaps
- Ability to prioritise features and user stories to ensure roadmap remains on track
- Someone considering technical product owner jobs in Bath – or Bristol – such as: Technical Product Manager | Product Owner | Product Delivery Manager | Technical Project Manager | Software Project Manager | Lead Product Engineer | Lead Android/Kotlin/iOS/E-commerce/App Developer etc.
You may also bring – or like to gain – interests around any of
- Agile/Scrum product development practices
- Video, media or sports technology
- Data analysis
- Video and display advertising, across front-end and back-end
- Version control, automated testing
- Analytical tools to increase traffic to digital properties
- Multilingual mobile apps
Salary and benefits
- £50,000 – £70,000 – we’re keeping an open mind
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Ongoing professional development e.g. training, certifications, time out for conferences
- Flexible working practices – tell us what you need | recently refurbished city centre office | MacBook Pro and dual monitors | generous holidays | company pension scheme | good coffee machine | bike parking | really good showers | free fruit and jelly sweets | relaxed office environment
Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 150 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
Location: central Bath, South West England – 15 minutes walk from Bath Spa station, commutable from Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire
Timing: you may join us right away, or into the spring – please engage now for firm commitment
Even if your CV isn’t ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | hello[at]techfolk.co.uk | [at]we_are_techfolk
RECRUITERS: GCN / PSG has selected techfolk as our exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling and speculative applications are not welcomed
To apply for this job please visit www.techfolk.co.uk.