A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to join our Singapore office. This role will report to the Head of Product Management, Asia-Pacific. The Product Manager will support the strategy for Preqin’s core customer segments and Preqin’s positioning as the global home for all alternative assets. The role will interface with customers and industry participants, monitor and document customer needs, work with the Product Head to translate feedback into actionable business requirements (i.e. user epics and stories) for Engineering teams, and assist with the management of product launches and backlog.
Founded in 2003 and headquartered in London, we are the most reliable source of data, insights and tools for alternative assets professionals across the globe. Today, more than 90,000 investors, fund managers, placement agents, service providers, advisors and other industry professionals rely on us to find valuable opportunities and make intelligent decisions in alternative assets. Our products and services span the following asset classes: private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, private debt, natural resources and secondaries. We have offices around the world, including in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
- Act as a technical product owner, sitting within PMG-Asia Scrum team(s), focused on translating customer needs into requirements and working closely with Engineering teams in an agile development framework to deliver.Manage and prioritize the product backlog to deliver new products and solutions, and to localize and enhance existing products to the needs of APAC clients and partners.
- Assist in the execution of strategy and planning for all product and feature/component launches. Contribute research, analysis and strategic ideas related to Product Head’s remit when partnering with Market Development and Engineering to estimate cost/benefit, negotiate decision gates and budgets, and ensure all launches are tightly integrated with marketing and sales campaigns.
- Evaluate industry trends, client needs, competition and best-in-class practices, in relation to the analysis driving segment’s product positioning.
- Provide input into the process for developing technical customer documentation, references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use. Partner with Product Marketing to produce.
Professional Experience/Qualifications and Behaviours
- Demonstrable work experience, with some relevant experience in a product owner role ideally within a financial service or fintech industry.
- A good understanding of the software development process and familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Highly effective in executing against Product roadmaps and plans.
- Degree level education in a numerate or analytical discipline for example; business/tech, finance or related field preferable.
- Knowledge of alternative assets such as private equity, hedge funds or real estate preferable.
- Business fluent in Mandarin, Japanese or Korean, and English.
- Proven ability to influence and gain buy-in to proposals and lead cross-functional projects.
- Quality orientated with a commitment to developing your professional skills and knowledge of alternative assets.
- Excellent written skills and the ability to present to an audience with confidence.
- Positive, open-minded, and a can-do attitude; detail orientated.
- Collaborative team player.