At Mixcloud, our purpose is to amplify culture and community. Mixcloud is a global audio streaming platform with a unique catalogue of over 15 million DJ sets, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by expert creators. We’re not just building a music streaming platform. We’re on a mission to supercharge the relationship between audio creators and their biggest fans; to enable fans to directly support their favourite audio creators, emotionally and financially. With Mixcloud Select, our pioneering fan-to-creator subscription offering, we’re carving out a better ecosystem for audio culture. We believe in championing creators, artists and the music industry – fairly and sustainably.
Reporting to one of the Cofounders, this role offers the opportunity to help build the world’s leading fan-to-creator business in audio. As the Product Leader, you will have the chance to shape the growth of our audio streaming platform and oversee all phases of development as we build out and refine the Select product offering.
Our ideal candidate has managed a product team that has built and maintained a scaled consumer internet application, with technical skills current enough to command the respect of the team. We are looking for someone with proven experience leading and driving a shared vision across design, engineering, research and community teams. You are a great team leader, able to define and guide the product strategy roadmap, translating requirements and helping the team align on goals and long term vision.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude. Ultimately, you will ensure that the product team’s output contributes to our company’s long-term success
If you are interested in making an impact, driving audio culture forward, and helping creators around the world earn a living from their craft, come join us!
What you will do:
- Lead a small team of product managers and work closely with engineering, design, research and community teams to turn great ideas into great products.
- Use MVPs and experiments to learn quickly and make data-driven decisions.
- Drive for collaboration between different teams, influence stakeholders and create consensus on team goals.
- Plan and prioritize roadmaps for your teams, with a focus on clearly articulating trade-offs.
- Explore and identify the needs of our creators and subscribers to deliver innovative features that champion real connection.
- Own delivery of key projects on the roadmap, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth, maintenance and evaluation of success.
- Help shape Mixcloud’s product development process while we grow, as part of the leadership team.
Who you are:
- 6+ years Product Development experience, including at least 2 years of managing a team of world-class Product Managers.
- You have worked as a Product Manager for a consumer-facing product at scale
- Leadership & Management skills: Exceptional ability to inspire and develop high impact teams, effectively communicating and ensuring alignment on the product goals and long term vision.
- Self-starting with a bias towards outcomes as opposed to activity.
- Passionate about design, research and creating delightful user experiences
- Technical aptitude through education or experience; able to evaluate different approaches to implementing product features.
- You are a strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into relevant, actionable steps.
- You are passionate about Mixcloud and creating connected communities.
- You are a strong writer and enjoy presenting your ideas. You are a great listener and can build consensus.
- Prior experience working on a revenue, memberships or subscriptions team.
- Engineering / CS background: You can communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
We live the culture we champion. We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers. We offer a great benefits package that includes unlimited holiday, stock options, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks. Wellness at work matters to us and our team also organises meditation sessions, yoga and a running club.
To apply for this job please visit workable.com.