We are looking for someone to lead the product development activities for an exciting and scalable early stage start-up. The role is an equity ONLY role for 3 months, until we close our first funding round, which will greatly reward the brave!
Purlos is a London based edtech company which is improving the way academic institutions attract, engage and recruit students. With heightened competition between Universities worldwide and increasing fees it is critical to have better ways of doing this. The $6 trillion global education industry is growing at a rapid rate but until now digital spend has only been 3% of annual expenditure. Education is ready to be digitised!
We have created an AI based digital assistant which allows student who are interested in joining College or University to ask 1000’s of questions around key areas such as: financial support, accommodation, courses, and academic and social events. We are currently developing our system to the point whereby we can start to grow in the UK before expanding globally to the US, and you will instrumental in this.
This role requires the candidate to develop expert knowledge of our customers’ needs and build, own and deliver a long-term product strategy.
This position requires deep engagement with customers and with our CTO, CEO, and outsourced engineers, UX designers, UI designers and front-end developers.
Devise product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development processes.
• Work closely with the CEO and CTO in achievement of growth objectives including revenue generation, profit and ROI linked to the creation of our app and web-app
• Spending time with customers to refine user needs.
• Deep engagement with prospective and existing customers in order to gather data and establish user needs to ensure continuing product market fit.
• Identify and build business cases for potential opportunities, and present these to the CEO and CRO for initial validation and testing.
• Ensure there is a robust product feedback and improvement cycle that ties into sales, marketing and customer success
• Ensuring a cycle of data collection, measurement and continuous improvement on product prioritisation and roadmap delivery.
The key is to enable a scalable product that delivers value to our target market, and to succeed in eventually finding ‘product-market fit’.