Senior Product Manager
Runa is pioneering a first-of-its-kind payment rail capable of issuing, sending and accepting digital value at scale.
Banking and card payment infrastructure still struggles to serve low-volume, high-velocity payments both locally and globally. Businesses send over $20 trillion in refunds, rewards, or remittances to consumers, employees, or freelancers, every year and waste thousands of hours, incurring costs of up to 50% per transaction and leaving the people they serve waiting days to receive their money.
Runa’s is transforming the payouts landscape with a new digital payments infrastructure that enables businesses to send digital value to anyone, anywhere instantly, free of charge for senders and recipients. Recipients can immediately spend the value they receive on the Runa network including 2000 plus merchants across 30 countries, completely independently of the legacy card rails. Hundreds of leading companies rely on Runa to power instant, flexible global payouts to tens of millions of consumers including Sodexo, TopCashback, Perkbox, Sweatcoin, Coinbase and Globetopper.
We are committed to providing a hiring and working experience in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can read more about our team here- Diversity & Inclusion
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our product team and continue to evolve the financial engine at the core of our platform. You will be working with engineering, design, customers and stakeholders to rapidly develop, build and test your hypothesis. You will be responsible for driving the strategy, development, and successful innovation of a key product domain. You will align the business to streamline and scale the financial engine that powers the flow of money through our platform.
Working at Runa:
We’re a mission-driven, fast-growing company revolutionising an industry. We know what we need to do to be successful and share the vision so each and every person can contribute towards us winning as a business.
We are passionate about high performance and know that doing a good job means challenging one another to drive the right outcomes, and that means having no ego.
Employees are given all the tools and support to make a positive impact in their role, and are trusted through being given autonomy and ownership. If you have an endless desire to make a positive impact, we’d love to chat.
What Excites You:
- Getting stuck in with customers, stakeholders, data, research and anything else you can lay your hands on to identify problems and opportunities and quickly develop a hypothesis
- Critical, analytical and often creative thinking to help define the strategy and vision for the domain
- Working in one of the most visible and senior positions in the company. This role collaborates closely with senior stakeholders across the business and gives the opportunity to influence the operational blueprint for the company
- Solving wide-reaching and complex problems without building complex solutions. You thrive in identifying small iterations that solve immediate needs, build toward longer-term product strategy and manage your stakeholder expectations
- The opportunity to work outside of the product domain, taking leadership on operational issues that affect the entire business and applying your product and analytical skills to optimise ancillary processes.
What Excites Us:
- You’ll demonstrate ~5 years experience as a Product Manager determining what the right thing to build is, and have delivered significant customer and business results
- A strong analytical curiosity that leads to questioning problems and understanding the root cause
- Experience working with both Product Design and Engineering in collaboration as one cross-functional team
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and ask the right questions that enable other teams to truly innovate
- Ability to work with ambiguity, able to make trade-offs and quickly assess and take appropriate risks
🌴 25 days holiday + bank holidays
🧠 All permanent employees receive extra days off to help boost their well-being when they need it
🏢 We have a hybrid structure to allow flexibility between home and office based working. You will therefore be expected to be in our London office (Old Street) a minimum of 4 days a month. 2 fixed days and 2 flex days
🚀 Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in Runa and participation in the upside
🚑 Private Medical + Dental Health Insurance with Bupa
💙 Pension scheme (3% contribution)
👶 Enhanced parental leave
📚 £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies. Plus 6 days study leave per year
🖥️ £150 to create an awesome remote work experience
💷 Workplace Nursery benefit, where Runa makes a contribution to your child’s nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
⭐️ Recognition awards, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £100 award in the eGift card of their choice
☕️ Staff perks with Runa brands – discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless
🎉 Quarterly team socials
🥪 Welcome lunches, where your team will eat together to celebrate new starters
🚴 Cycle to work scheme – save some £££ on buying a bike
Take a look under the hood of life at Runa from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don’t allow us to add hyperlinks – https://bit.ly/2PluGyG
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org