You’re a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager with an engineering degree and a stack of technical product management experience of B2C web / mobile, ideally within ed-tech. You act as a bridge between design, software development and marketing teams, thrive in a rapidly evolving startup environment and are genuinely positive, curious and passionate about the work that you do.
You’re looking for a role (employed or contract) that will make an impact on a meaningful challenge.
Sahamiye Foundation is a team of entrepreneurs, led by WorldRemit founder Ismail Ahmed. This article gives useful detail: https://news.trust.org/item/20210416102255-1f0w6/
Sahamiye Foundation uses technology and innovation to tackle some of Somaliland’s most pressing development challenges around education, healthcare and infrastructure.
Our initial focus is on education where we have a plan to help over one million adults and young people acquire literacy skills in the Somali language and over 100,000 people to develop technical and vocational skills for employment and entrepreneurship.
Our first project is a free education app called Daariz, which will supplement a range of other education apps, e-learning platforms and traditional learning resources that provide accessible and affordable learning opportunities for anyone in the region.
Alongside our team, based in the UK and Somaliland, you may spend some time in the London (Chiswick) office but will otherwise work remotely and flexibly, driving the development of a range of mobile, cloud-based products initially focussing on education and literacy.
If this sounds like a meaningful challenge, that you would love to get your teeth into, please send us a CV and a short covering email.
- Talk to our users to gain a deep understanding of their needs to be able to deliver solutions that are suitable for our markets
- Deliver an engaging user experience; act as a bridge between engineering, operations and marketing teams to ensure there is a shared understanding of goals
- Balance competing priorities to deliver at pace without compromising the long-term objectives
- Estimate work-streams and deliver iteratively from MVPs to scalable products
- Develop and champion product roadmaps, and help build a team to deliver on our ambitious targets.
You will have previously:
- Led product discovery and customer development to advance solutions based on market data, user research, analytics and technology options (ideally at web / mobile / ed-tech companies
- Delivered cloud-based software products from concept to launch, from understanding customer needs, developing product vision and requirements to scoping, planning, developing products and testing in-market
- Defined product metrics and analytics for all areas of the user journey (acquisition, engagement, retention), set up tools and dashboards to guide decision-making
- Built and maintained strong relationships with partners and managed integrating via their APIs
- Developed an excellent technical grasp that encourages productive conversations with the software engineering team
- Managed internal and external cross-functional teams through the entire product development lifecycle to bring products to life
- Worked with senior leadership to design and develop go-to-market strategy and to set up systems and processes to allow for scale
- Had experience within a startup, building and growing B2C products and international experience (Africa experience is a nice-to-have)