Shoreline is looking for a Senior Product Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces change as our products evolve. You will be responsible for understanding our current and future users to ensure we are always one step ahead of competitors with product innovation and user satisfaction.
Product Managers in Shoreline bridge the gap between the customers, engineering team, and key business stakeholders. Spending the majority of their time in the Discovery phase, Product Managers are responsible for defining products that solve complex and meaningful problems for the renewable energy sector around the world, elevating Shoreline to achieve exponential growth in the process. As a Product Manager at Shoreline, you will operate independently, lead the work of a product team, and be responsible for a larger product or set of product areas. You will demonstrate a broad capacity, a strategic mindset, and advanced skills in communication, and prioritization.
About Shoreline and our Execution product
Wind farm developers, operators, OEMs, ISPs, EPCIs, and contractors are increasingly reliant on smart simulation solutions to virtually plan and optimize the construction and maintenance of wind farms. Shoreline Execution directly addresses this need as a provider of SaaS solutions worldwide. Our trusted partners and growing user base can manage the full project cycle with Resource Management, Construction Management, O&M Management, and Marine Coordination solutions, using our patented intelligent simulation algorithm.
Shoreline has already established itself in the industry with our products being applied to more than 20GW of global projects, with the industry still in its infancy, massive growth is projected in the coming years, and we are well positioned to elevate our offering and reach.
What you will do
- Market research and analysis: Stay up-to-date with customer needs, market trends, and industry changes. Conduct surveys or interviews with stakeholders such as customers, and internal teams to identify business opportunities or assess customer sentiment. Collect, analyze and present the competitor landscape to internal stakeholders and use the findings to explain strategic decisions.
- Discovery: Validate assumptions, identify opportunities and refine ideas by deeply understanding real user problems before arriving on the best way to solve them.
- Product feedback management: Analyze and maintain a backlog of user and customer feedback to inform discovery, roadmaps, and priorities.
- Roadmapping: Create, maintain and communicate a product roadmap of initiatives based on insights from discovery and research. Roadmaps should be flexible enough to adapt to changing customer needs or technical issues as the product progresses from concept to delivery.
- Feature definition and prioritization: Decide which features to implement and how to prioritize them by analyzing customer feedback, competitor offerings, and growth opportunities. Understand and describe the requirements of stories and present this to the UX and engineering teams ready for technical grooming and estimations.
- Product analysis and success metrics: Define, measure and monitor success metrics for each product release to monitor its performance after its launch and determine the achievements of our business efforts. Define, measure and monitor product metrics such as adoption and retention, as well as responding to user feedback, and use these various insights when making data-driven product decisions.
- Release management: Ensure maximum commercial impact of product development and releases. Work closely with Sales, Marketing and CS to communicate and market our solutions and releases. Maintain a bank of product training and onboarding material.
Who you are
Key skills & experience
- Product sense: Has great judgment of what to do (accounting for business, customer, and technical needs). Can think big (vision) while getting stuff done (ruthlessly cutting scope when necessary). Can see incongruencies and holes in the vision, logic, plan, or narrative, and knows how to fill those gaps.
- Ownership of outcomes: Is focused on solving the real problems, not just following the process. Is only satisfied when the problem (business, customer, or technical) is fully understood and ultimately fully solved.
- Backbone/building trust: Has a point of view, is willing to share it, can persuade, is willing to disagree and commit.
- Adaptability: Has worked in a fast-paced environment, but knows when to slow down vs. speed up. Bring well-worn frameworks to the table and the confidence to break from them when necessary.
- Grit and growth mentality: Has the drive to push through tough situations and the maturity to learn from mistakes.
- Structured thinking and communication: Able to walk people through complex decisions, both verbally and in writing.
- Product practices: Experience in market analysis, and product discovery. Can understand the needs of our different user groups and craft the roadmaps accordingly. Able to assess priorities and be effective with minimal guidance.
- Native or fluent English: written and spoken skills.
- 5+ years of product management or other relevant experience.
- 2+ years of SaaS experience working with technical products
Preferred skills & experience
- Professional experience working with renewable energy companies.
What we offer
- The opportunity to become a member of a fast-growing and venture-backed company with tremendous global potential, where your contribution will make a significant difference
- An international work environment, with a team of knowledgeable and dedicated people that together create amazing services and software for our customers
- A work environment focused on empowerment, happiness, autonomy, and results
- A position where you are welcome and encouraged to provide feedback to help shape our platform and product
- A “work hard – play hard – and go home” mentality.
- A remuneration package that matches your qualifications and market conditions
- Company lunch program
- Team building and the possibility of external training and conference attendance to keep your mind fresh and innovative.
Shoreline is a globally recognized, venture-backed enterprise SaaS company providing a next-generation asset development and management platform serving the renewable energy industry.
Shoreline’s mission is to build deep partnerships with our customers in renewable energy and develop products that utilize intelligent simulation technology to help them streamline operations and resources.
Our users represent all major sectors among leading global offshore wind energy companies and include project developers, analysts, operations planners, site managers, installation leads and management, OEMs, technology providers, and consultants.
Our extensive industry knowledge, groundbreaking simulation and optimization technology, and data platform enable our customers to accurately predict operational scenarios and generate actionable insights throughout all phases of the renewable energy lifecycle.
To apply for this job please visit shoreline.no.