In EU households, heating and hot water alone account for 79% of total final energy use. By making heating smart we make a difference for the planet and people’s lives: Our products empower our customers to significantly reduce energy consumption and maximise comfort at the same time.
As (Senior) Product Manager Hardware at tado° you ensure that we build the best hardware products for our customers and our business. Together with your cross-functional product team of hardware and embedded software engineers and UX designers you discover and deliver connected hardware products for home climate management that our customers truly love. By continuously improving design, functionality, and device interaction experience, you help our products appeal to an ever growing target group.
In close collaboration with your team members, your main responsibilities will be:
- Building a profound understanding of your product’s markets and representing this view to your team to inform decisions and prioritization
- Engaging with customers to form hypotheses about their needs, desires and pain points
- Devising experiments to test hypotheses and rapidly iterating to discover the best solutions
- Forming a clear product vision and priorities and aligning them within your team and tado°
- Prioritizing your team’s focus from larger opportunities to the work on a weekly basis
- Defining and tracking success metrics to relentlessly measure if your team is creating value for our customers and business
- Closely collaborating with other Product Teams, Sales, Management, and business partners
- You have a proven track record as a product manager in building consumer hardware products in a cross-functional team
- You are experienced in applying agile methods for planning, testing, and collaboration such as running design sprints or rapid prototyping
- You enjoy engaging with customers to learn about their needs, desires and pain points
- You combine a strong analytical mind and a structured approach in everything you do with the ability to make pragmatic decisions when data is puzzling
- You think like an entrepreneur and always consider both customer and business impact of your decisions
- You can explain and discuss complex topics in excellent English
- You have worked in a fast-scaling startup or even founded your own company
- You are familiar with the IoT industry’s main challenges and trends
- Competitive compensation package
- Work fully remotely or from our Munich office – we care about your contribution, not about your location. We will ship you all required work equipment and use the latest video conferencing tools to collaborate and socialize.
- Relocating to Germany? We subsidize your German language courses.
- Grow your career in an agile, innovative, and open-minded working atmosphere with highly skilled and motivated colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Personal development budget for training, courses, coaching, conferences, books, etc.
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Health care services including skin cancer screening, flu vaccinations, mental health support, and more. We have e.g. been amongst the first companies to offer COVID-19 vaccinations to all employees
- Discounted access to gyms and fitness offers through “Qualitrain” and other corporate discounts
- Company-wide events and various sporting events organized throughout the year
- Be part of a fast-growing and cutting-edge company that makes a positive impact in the world
tado° is the European market leader in developing and selling smart products and services to control your climate at home, having sold >1.5mio Smart Thermostats to date. We are internationally recognised for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant design and for being truly open with major smart home platforms. Over 180 employees contribute every day to the success of our company and we want to find new colleagues who are just as passionate about our products as we are!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.