About the role
We’re looking for a Senior UI designer with 3+ years of commercial experience to join the Tangent design team. We don’t mind if you’ve worked in-house or at an agency. What’s most important to us is that you’ve launched digital products at scale, leading the process of applying UI.
Tangent has a global client base across sectors, meaning you will get the opportunity to work on cutting edge design problems. That can be everything from websites, portals, apps to internal tools that drive our client’s businesses.
Our core design team is based in the UK but working remote. This has given us the opportunity to recruit further afield in other countries. Our initial target areas are the UK, Spain and South Africa. But we are open to speaking with Lead product designers based in time zones within 2 hours of the UK.
You are welcome to work 100% remote or hybrid from our London Kings Cross or Valencia offices. For applicants from overseas, we will fly you over at least once a year to attend our London social events and help build in-person relationships with the team. We’re happy for you to work in a way that suits you best.
We need you to
- We work in cross-disciplinary teams of designers and developers.
- Your role will be to be a senior member of the team responsible for ensuring a high quality of creativity and UI design
- Have a passion for creative and all things UI, create beautiful digital experiences that are accessible, intuitive, consistent and delightful
- Create and manage design systems using Figma
- Collaborate with UX colleagues to create prototypes and validate ideas through user testing
- Support developers to ensure final product matches design vision
- Help train other designers to improve their own UI and design system skills
We want to see
- A strong portfolio that illustrates your design talent and the impact of your design work
- Highly skilled in creating & managing design systems using atomic methodologies in Figma
- Excellent communicator, able to articulate your design decisions to clients and colleagues
- Experience with mentoring other designers and the ambition to grow into a lead role
- Motion or brand experience would be considered a plus, but not 100% necessary
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals. This can include hybrid working from home and the office.
Social life. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues including monthly socials, free lunches and much more.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes enhanced leave for years of service and days off for voluntary work.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.