Do you want to work with one of the world’s most recognisable electronics brands on an ambitious, global project?
Over the past 18 months, our client has embarked on an ambitious brand licensing project (see: what is brand licensing?) – working with other companies (licensees) to bring new electronics products to market around the world. An important part of their strategy is a website that showcases these new products, drives clicks to retailers and enhances their brand online.
We have developed a minimum viable product – a website and content management system (CMS), which generated over 1 million organic user sessions in 2020 and currently showcases over 20 new products in six new categories. On top of this, a licensee’s content editor is able to create and submit web pages via the CMS based on templates we’ve created, reducing the cost of ownership.
To support the company’s ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, the web platform and content management processes need to be scaled. This is where you come in…
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying user issues and opportunities to improve through quantitative & qualitative research; working closely with data and design experts to run experiments and scope solutions.
- Owning the B2C product roadmap and backlog; working closely with the team to prioritise and to deliver working software.
- Supporting licensee content editors in using the content management system (CMS).
- Supporting content reviews; working with copywriting and design to check web content is high-quality and ‘on brand’.
- Acting as an interface between the development team, internal business owners and licensees; managing expectations as needed.
- Establishing and reporting on product metrics to measure success and evaluate progress against KPIs.
The project is like a startup inside a bigger organisation. The team are small, autonomous and cross-functional consisting of engineering, design, data and copywriting. They are responsible for the entire product life cycle – development, maintenance, content and customer (user) success. Currently, we use three-weekly development Sprints (SCRUM).
There is also a B2B-focussed web team, with a separate web platform, who you will interface with occasionally.
- You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle with previous product management or ownership experience. Bonus if you have worked on a website and/or CMS development project.
- You are a good communicator, comfortable working with a range of different stakeholders.
- You are a team player able to work with a cross-functional team in an agile environment.
- You are comfortable analysing data and running experiments, supported by data experts and design.
- You practise empathy in your work to understand users and the stakeholders.
- Bonus if you have an understanding of digital marketing and copywriting fundamentals.
Ideally, you are based in the UK or within two hours of GMT.
You’ll be working via a small agency (The Launch Co) who provide specialist product management consultancy services.
To apply for the job, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com