In March 2020, the first Covid lockdown was about to come into force. The financial markets crashed…and our investment arm, Timeline Portfolios, was born. It was the worst time to launch and many doomed the project to failure.
But within a year and a half, we had reached a huge £1bn assets under management. We became the fastest-growing Discretionary Fund Manager in the UK. By September 2023, we had reached more than £3bn and are looking towards £4bn by the end of the year. We are now in hypergrowth and having just completed a £10m Series B round, we are about to hit the accelerator.
The “hockey stick” growth is real and we are one of the few startups which has the potential to reach that “unicorn” £1bn valuation.
And what we are doing is particularly special. We are taking an industry out of the dark ages. All the focus has been on the B2C investment space – all the funky new tech and beautiful UI. But most of the wealth is being advised by financial advisers, and their tech is backward.
So we are offering not only an investment strategy to advice firms and their clients, but we are also offering financial planning software, risk profiling software and client onboarding software. It’s the all-in-one solution, but properly thought through, rather than jamming a whole load of bolt-ons together.
Come be part of our story. The product you will be working on is the key to the success of the whole tech offering, so you will be instrumental for Timeline, taking both the business and your career to the next level.
We are looking to hire a product manager who is passionate about taking up ideas and bringing them to life. You will engage with our customer base directly, and decide the future of our investment analysis product, as well as others in our ecosystem, by working closely with key partners. You will also collaborate with marketing, sales and support to ensure that word gets out to people and they get to see what you are building.
- Help in developing and implementing the product vision, strategy an roadmap.
- Meet regularly with key customer facing teams to collect and analyse user feedback to shape new product ideas and user requirements.
- Data analysis
- User research – lots of interview sessions – and usability testing with interactive prototypes
- Translate customer needs to product functionalities – know the user better than they know themselves
- Coordinate with the engineering team to plan and deliver features on time
- Stay on top of the market and competition
- Act like an owner for the success of your product
- Three or more years experience in product management
- UX research experience
- UX design – you should be able to design wireframes and have a strong handle on what makes good UX design, but you don’t have to be an expert
- Basic SQL or the desire to learn the basics
- Happy working in a fast growth, startup environment
- VC-backed startup experience
- Ability to think outside the box (and be able to demonstrate it)
- A people-friendly person with extraordinary organizational and leadership skills
- Have strong presentation skills
- Ability to think creative and solve problem
- Experience in Lean and Agile (even though our version called “Shape Up” is a little different)
- Flexible working
- 28 days holiday, plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Group life cover
- Group income protection
- Discretionary company-wide bonus scheme