We’re TrustedHousesitters, the online platform connecting a caring community of home and pet owners with sitters around the world. Joining for one annual fee, our members connect to exchange home and pet care for a place to stay. It’s a money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while the sitters care for pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
In the last few years, we’ve achieved a lot. Consistently achieving high year-on-year growth, we’ve doubled from 25 employees to a team of over 50. We’ve moved to our fifth shiny new office based in SPACES, a co-working space in the heart of Brighton. We’ve recently announced funding to help continuously improve our platform, won lots of awards, including Amazon’s Growing Business Award. We have built a strong team culture and are supportive of flexible working.
Despite our rapid growth, our ethos remains the same. We aspire to transform the pet care and travel landscape. We believe we offer the best solution and our team are united by our commitment to delivering an enriching experience for our members and having a positive impact on the lives of their pets. We never lose sight of what makes TrustedHousesitters, trusted. We care hugely about our reputation, we have more five-star reviews on TrustPilot than any other travel or pet company globally.
At TrustedHousesitters, you’ll be part of a pet-passionate, fast-growing team who are all committed to collaborating, constantly improving and having some fun while we’re at it. Sounds exciting right? We think so. If you want the opportunity to be part of that, to create something special, driving change within the pet care and travel landscapes, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a talented Product Manager – Mobile Apps to join our Product team. This is an opportunity to own and grow the core product area at TrustedHousesitters. You’ll focus on delivering more value to our customers and delighting them with our mobile apps.
What you’ll do at TrustedHousesitters
- Lead a team focused on the core customer experience across Android and iOS mobile apps
- Own a set of OKRs related to member acquisition, engagement and retention
- Run user research sessions to understand emotional needs and motivations of pet owners and sitters
- Work across product, engineering, marketing, membership services and data teams to generate ideas on how to drive the North Star and other key metrics
- Run competitive research to evaluate how our product compares against the market
- Create clear hypotheses for new product ideas and features; evaluate impact of new ideas and prioritise accordingly
- Prototype and test ideas before development
- Determine metrics that define success of your products and help implement tracking systems for these metrics
- Analyse outcome of new products / features and learn from it
What we’re looking for:
- Mobile application design – Solid knowledge of best practices in mobile application design, interaction and usability, including iOS and Android design guidelines
- Mobile application development – Track record of mobile application development, submission and publication (iOS and Android)
- Mobile technology trends – Knowledge of prevailing and emerging mobile trends and technologies
- Customer-centricity – You know how to put yourself in the customer’s shoes to better understand their emotional needs.
- Research skills – You know how to run usability testing sessions and user interviews. You’ve successfully applied Jobs To Be Done and Design Thinking methodologies to understand customers’ needs and motivations. You know how to run ideation sessions, prototype and test ideas.
- Analytical skills – You know how to leverage data and use it intelligently & with significance to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity.
- Ability to manage complexity – You know how to work out the nitty-gritty without losing sight of the big picture.
- Sense of ownership – You are self-driven and appreciate taking on ownership of broad problem sets and drive them forward.
- Strong communication skills – You know how to work successfully with various stakeholders. Proven ability to meet deadlines and comfortable with fast-paced development cycles.
- Hands-on experience with user research
- Strong knowledge of analytics tools, including GA, Mixpanel / Amplitude or similar
What we’d like to have
- Startup experience
- Marketplace experience
- Of course, we’ll offer you a competitive salary based on your experience, 25 days holiday as standard and a workplace pension scheme.
- Once you’ve passed probation you’ll receive a dedicated travel allowance and time to go sitting, you’re positively encouraged to get away from your desk!
- Stay happy and healthy with our physical health and dental cash plan!
- Great people know great people. If you recommend someone for a vacancy, and they are successful in their application, you’ll receive £500 once they complete their 3-month probation.
- Getting a new pet? We give you the opportunity to work from home when you welcome a new furry friend to the family and up to £200 towards the rehoming fees if you choose to rescue a dog or cat.
- What better way to stay connected to your fellow team mates. We’ll see you in our break out area on Wednesday afternoons for our weekly Lounge session, where a fully stocked drinks fridge will be waiting for you…
- Stay energised with healthy snacks provided throughout the week.
- With core hours between 10:00-16:00, we want you to have more control over your schedule and working environment. We believe in keeping employees happy.
- And last but not least, you’ll get the chance to hang out with the four legged members of the TrustedHousesitters family (aka our office dogs).