Turn is looking for a remote (GMT -4 to +4) Senior Product Designer to join us in our mission to make effective human support accessible to vulnerable people everywhere.
As a Product Designer at Turn, you’ll be designing the tools that enable social impact organisations to easily create chat services that have a real impact in the world. There’s a long list of interesting problems, some of which have never been solved before. If you have great product and design instincts, technical abilities, taste, and impeccable craft, you’re in the right place.
At Turn.io our vision is to make effective human support accessible to vulnerable people everywhere.
We’re creating a product that allows social impact organisations to have private, personal, guided conversations on chat to improve lives at scale.
We work with small and large nonprofits, social enterprises and governments who are all trying to change the world for the better, using our product. Here are just a few examples of how some of our customers have used Turn to make an impact:
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Organisation delivered a combined total of 60 million messages to over 15 million people, providing them with instant and easy access to the most accurate and up-to-date information shared by their governments and health organisations
- The United Nations has empowered people to make climate action an integral part of their daily life and be part of the solution to the climate crisis through their “UN Climate Action” WhatsApp service
- The South African National Department of Health improved health outcomes for 450,000 pregnant women through WhatsApp, by providing a 24/7 support line and a self-service knowledge repository that guides women through pregnancy and the first 2 years of a child’s life
- Rising Academy, who is on a mission to create the most powerful teaching and learning tools for the people that need them most, has improved maths educational outcomes for children in Ghana through delivering quizzes and providing tutoring through WhatsApp
- Guidepost is on a mission to make personalised diabetes coaching available to as many people as possible, providing this service through WhatsApp and helping people with diabetes live a healthier and longer life
As a Product Designer at Turn, you’ll be designing the tools that enable organisations like these to easily create chat services that have a real impact in the world. There’s a long list of interesting problems, some of which have never been solved before. If you have great product and design instincts, technical abilities, taste, and impeccable craft, you’re in the right place.
- You’re excited about using your skills to have a positive social impact
- You have 8+ years of experience leading and designing complex interactive applications, taking projects from ambiguous discovery and shaping into people’s hands; in small or early-stage organisations
- You have excellent visual, UI, and interaction design skills and care about craft
- You’re a problem solver at heart, capable of identifying problems, understanding the problem space, prioritising what’s important to solve, exploring a breadth of possible solutions and narrowing it down to the best possible solution
- You put users at the centre of your process and are capable of leading your own user research, becoming an advocate for people, empathy and user-centricity in the business
- You prioritise impact and outcomes over output, understanding and caring about the business impact of your decisions
- You have experience influencing strategy and vision for your team or whole organisation
- You’re independent and proactive from writing your own copy to finding your own problems to solve
- You’re a good communicator and are capable of backing up and communicating your design decisions effectively
- You recognise that Design (and Product) is a team sport and you collaborate and bring others along in the journey
- You have a technical understanding of how digital products are built (no actual coding skills required)
- Define, drive and solve high-impact problems from discovery to delivery and iterating
- Contribute to and influence the overall product strategy and vision
- Work cross-functionally with engineers and other partners to ensure your work is not only impactful, but also feasible
- Plan, organise and conduct user research, qualitative and quantitative, and disseminate insights across the business to help drive strategy
- Contribute to and evolve our internal design system
- Help with hiring and establishing a design culture within the company
- Contribute to iterating design and development processes
That said, the nature of a startup dictates that roles often cover a lot more ground than the job specification suggests and as such we prefer versatilists over specialists. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a funded startup in its founding years and experience and shape the growth of a product first-hand.
About us and how we work
- We’re a small global and remote team, from India to Colombia and everywhere in between
- We deeply care about our customers, with user-centricity being at the core of how the entire business operates
- We culturally value Design (capital D) as a way to achieve our goals, and your decisions and daily work has a big impact on business and customer outcomes
- Transparency and openness are key to us, where everyone is able to voice and contribute to decisions — big or small — and, as a Designer, you’ll often be the facilitator of these conversations
- We highly value a good work-life balance, kindness, empathy and caring about humans
Location: Remote, -4 to +4 GM
To apply for this job please visit turn.bamboohr.com.