We’re on a mission to help the world’s professionals lead more fulfilling careers – from their first job to their last. At Uvaro, we’ve created a better way to help everyday people launch and grow successful and rewarding careers in tech.
The Product Management team works with Uvaro’s customers and business teams to identify and realize product opportunities. They are responsible for managing the product definition and roadmap for both software projects internal and external.
Technical Product Managers have ownership over the technical backlog and are responsible for translating business requirements into user stories, technical requirements, and acceptance criteria.
They are expected to be comfortable clearly communicating and managing these expectations with design and engineering, collaborating with team members, and conducting product reviews. They will prioritize the technical backlog and work closely with the Scrum Team to build Agile sprints. They are expected to assist market research through methods such as customer interviews, market surveys, and more. They have accountability for coordinating with internal teams to ensure alignment as well as gather suggestions and feedback, and to coordinate development and release plans.
In this role you’ll:
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, such as demos, technical refinements, retrospectives, and daily standups in collaboration with team members
- Conduct discovery activities to validate business cases and requirements
- Write epics and user stories for UX and engineering teams with clear requirements and acceptance criteria, driven by product needs and vision
- Conduct product reviews with contributors to ensure product delivery quality
- Ensure the technical backlog is visible, clear, and prioritized in a way to best achieve company goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring visibility to engineering timelines and roadmap, and ensure alignment
Work alongside the engineering teams to prioritize and plan Agile sprints
- Communicate sprint goals, timelines, and dependencies
Develop and communicate deployment plans in collaboration with devs
- Assist with coordinating and conducting customer research and validation sessions
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the qualifications listed below – we are particularly interested in someone who adapts quickly to change and learns quickly, so if you don’t meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out – we’d love to talk to you!
What we’re looking for:
- Professional product management experience, with a preference for B2C experience
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience synthesizing product ideas and feedback into actionable product plans and requirements
- Technical competence with business and roadmapping tools
- Familiarity with working alongside design and development team members to verify projects are meeting identified criteria
- A strong sense of initiative and independence
- Takes pride in their work
- Remote work experience is a bonus
- Start-up experience is a bonus
The successful candidate is:
- An effective multitasker
- Adaptable and resilient
- A continuous learner
- Familiar with technical products and development processes
In the first six months you’ll:
- Independently author user stories and acceptance criteria
- Independently conduct product reviews
- Have planned two sprints ahead
- Managed projects through from ticket creation to deployment
- Shipped at least one Epic successfully
- Host demos and answer team questions successfully
- Participated in user feedback sessions
What We’re Offering
– Competitive compensation, health benefits, and equity
– Flex work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
– A remote-first work environment, and the opportunity to work with a close-knit, international team
– The opportunity to get in early at a promising startup in the emerging field of tech-enabled education
– A dedicated team with a values-driven culture, with a proven history of investing in individual growth and career development.
– An unprecedented opportunity to grow your network by placing employees at virtually every high-growth tech company in North America
If this opportunity excites you, and you believe you’re the right fit, we want to hear from you!
At Uvaro, we understand the value of having a diverse and inclusive team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.