Vortexa was founded to solve the immense information gap that exists in the energy industry. By using massive amounts of new satellite data and pioneering work in artificial intelligence, Vortexa creates an unprecedented view on the global flows of oil and fuels in real-time, the energy markets and society as a whole, thus enabling the society to better use the natural resources of our planet to the benefit of all.
Ingesting data from multiple external vastly different sources at hundreds of rich data points per second, moving terabytes of data while processing it in real-time, running complex and complicated prediction and forecasting AI models while coupling their output into a hybrid human-machine data refinement process and presenting the result through a nimble low-latency SaaS platform used by customers around the globe is no small feat of science and engineering. As answering the most fundamental and intricate questions posed by traders, analysts, shipbrokers, hedge funds and other global oil trade market participants involves an unprecedented amount of sophistication and effort, the job of ensuring that the right questions are asked and answered in the right order, to the utmost customer delight comes to the forefront.
The R&D Management team is a high-calibre, motivated and energetic group of people reporting directly to CTO, responsible for delivering the top-notch high-quality data and market predictions through a frictionless platform, consisting of API, SDK and front-end applications.
You will be a key individual contributor within the R&D Management team, with multiple interfaces outside of R&D. Your most important contribution will be to ensure that Vortexa’s R&D focuses its efforts on the right functionality at the right time with crystal clarity over the scope of each request and roadmap item. You will split your time between working in ProdPad, our chosen tool for managing our product, where you will be clarifying and prioritising work items, driving stakeholders’ (including company CEO and co-founder) alignment on the relative priorities. You will also help shape the product management function, delivery pipeline and processes, aligning industry best practices with Vortexa’s unique culture.
You Have an Eclectic Mix of:
• Skills and knowledge in Product Management tradecraft:
– Kano model, Value/Risk matrix, Eisenhower Matrix and other backlog refinement techniques
• A strong instinct in identifying and owning the most impactful contribution
• Ruthless, yet diplomatic and inclusive prioritisation skills
• Experience of Leading-by-Influence
• Analytical mind capable of designing metrics and drawing high-level conclusions from them
• Clear, impactful, focused and concise verbal and written communication and presentation style
• Enthusiasm for solving challenges
• Natural curiosity
• A “can-do” attitude – “I’ve done my bit” has no place at Vortexa
Great If You:
Are familiar with any of:
• DSDM Atern
• Have experience of:
o Per-feature ROI
o Definition of Done
o Product Launches
• A vibrant company pushing ourselves and the technology to deliver beyond the cutting edge
• A team of motivated characters and top minds striving to be the best at what we do at all times
• Learning something new ourselves and help learn others every day
• Acting as company owners, which all of us are – in a business-savvy and responsible way
• Enjoying a friendly working environment
• Not only professionals and teammates but often friends, finishing the week enjoying a glass of a favourite drink together
• Offering a generous salary and equity
Tell us about yourself by contacting Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com