Wiser are driven by a powerful mission: Money Without Borders! Allowing anyone, anywhere to send, receive and spend money all around the world. For this we’ve built world-class products: Wise Account, Wise Business and Wise Platform.
It’s also part of this mission guarantee these products are not used for financial crime activities and we keep our customer’s money safe. That’s why we are also building strong internal tools that will enable Wise’s operations teams to scale impact.
As part of this team, your mission is to build convenient & scalable tooling and products around Wise’s exchange of knowledge regarding financial crime investigations and compliance checks with external partners, and FIUs. Your products support large operational teams and effectively mitigate financial crime risks with minimal negative impact on customers’ experience.
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and push the limits of how financial crime risks are mitigated and large amounts of data is exchanged between different organisations.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the FinCrime Squad:
- You will work as part of the FinCrime product team which is responsible for keeping our customers money safe
- Your mission within your areas is to build world-class solutions that will help meet regulatory/partner requirements in a fast, reliable, scalable, safe and cost efficient way.
- You’ll be figuring out the vision and goals of the team, how to measure them and where to prioritise – you’ll inspire the team and define the product direction and run the road map together with them.
- You’ll communicate your goals and long term strategy in an engaging way, as well as keep the team moving towards the vision.
- You’ll work closely with operational teams to help them figure out how to streamline and automate manual processes.
- You’ll work closely with other product teams in launching new products and unifying processes, participating or driving cross-team initiatives.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Truly make the world a better place by helping reduce crime. You will be stopping money launderers and will have a very clear and real impact on people’s lives.
- Work with a group of amazing and dedicated product managers, engineers, analysts, and operations.
- Work with a modern microservices system with key parts written In-house, which allows to move fast and build controls and experiences that are above industry standards and push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Grow as a leader – Grow and inspire your team to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
- You’re an experienced Product Manager with at least 3-5 years under your belt. – you have shipped products or product features, interpreted feedback and data and made important iterations
- You have worked with an operations team and built product capabilities that help operations grow sustainably, improve efficiency and reach operational excellence.
- You believe in the Wise mission and know how to inspire a team to dream big, align on a common vision, and draw a clear path to get there
- You’re passionate about growing your team and getting the best out of people as well as continuing to grow and develop yourself
- You have a clear understanding of how systems are built, are able to effectively work with cross-functional stakeholders