Wonderbly is a unique, award winning start-up that lives on the intersection of storytelling, engineering, digital and print. We are building a global personal-publishing business that brings millions of people into our products – as co-creators and audiences. We are best known for our first title, Lost My Name, which is read by over 4 million children and their families globally. We’re releasing a new title every few months and now have 18 books in our range.
We are looking for a product manager to join our digital product team at Wonderbly and help us build the world’s most remarkable bookshop. Take a look at our very special books and the digital experience that surrounds them at www.wonderbly.com – this is the website that you would be helping us take to the next level in this role, working for our VP of Product.
We would like to hire someone with experience of shipping software, ideally in an ecommerce environment. This is a mid-level role suitable for someone who has already taken the first step in their product career and is now looking for more autonomy or a more open product space.
For example, you could already be a product manager in a larger company and you’re looking for a place where you can have more impact over the product. Or you could be working in a smaller company or startup and are looking for a product with more impact.
As with all product work this is a multi-disciplinary role and we’re open to hearing from people with diverse backgrounds. We believe the best product teams have product people that have arrived at the discipline from very different start points. You could have started your career in engineering, design, consulting or a commercial role … or maybe something totally unexpected.
Above all we are looking for someone who enjoys learning and making in equal measure and takes both processes very seriously. In addition, if you are clearly passionate about books and children’s media that would also be a huge bonus.
Core role requirements
- Good, pragmatic understanding of software development processes and the trade offs required to ship in a small team, gained through direct experience
- Ability to work autonomously, identify own work, influence peers and communicate plans clearly in person and through documentation
- Ability to analyse quantitative data and conduct qualitative customer research and synthesise into formats that inspire change
- A good understanding of at least one other digital discipline – analysis, design or engineering
- A passion to help us deliver on our mission to inspire self belief in every child
To apply for this role please provide a CV and a covering letter of no more than 600 words that outlines why you love making software and how you came to realise this. We’d also love you to include a link to a book that has inspired you at some point in your life.
Our founders, Asi and David, and now the whole team of 50+ people at Wonderbly, believe strongly that our unique culture has driven the success of the business since 2014. Our huge mission to inspire self belief in every child is often what attracts people to work here, but it’s our supportive, creative, multi-disciplinary culture that keeps people engaged and focused every day. Beyond our mission and positive work culture we offer lots of great benefits:
- A salary of £40,000 – £50,000
- Each year you’ll accrue a generous 28 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- We support being active; with numerous running groups, gym lunches and yoga in the office.
- We have some sparkling new showers on site, secure bike parking facilities and are part of the Cycle To Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers, health insurance are also available
- You’ll get a training budget to enable you to do your best work and develop as a professional, combined with weekly Lunch and Learns
- We have heaps of snacks, drinks, and comforts in our fully-stocked kitchen, as well as regular team lunches and breakfasts.
- We love having dogs in the office (well behaved ones anyway)!
Equal opportunities employer
Our team are committed to providing equal opportunities for employment regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, disability, family structure, socio-economic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis (it’s the law, but it’s also just the right thing to do).