Position: Product Manager (Full-time, Contract). Four days a week may also be possible for some or all of the contract duration.
Starting Date: ASAP
Length of Contact: 4-6 months
Location: Remote, UK
Day Rate: £450 – £600. We may be able to stretch beyond this for exceptional candidates.
Reporting to: Chief Product Officer
X-lab are currently looking for a Product Manager to join their team and work on a key extension of our core product.
We are on a mission to change healthcare. Our core product connects all UK labs together through a single exchange hub, and is beginning international expansion. A separate product played a key role in the UK’s pandemic response, matching requests & results for the majority of the country’s Covid tests, processing millions of tests per week.
Our team is our most important asset with a shared passion for improving healthcare, and our culture drives a strong sense of teamwork and ownership. From quizzes to regular socials, we strive to offer a relaxed, but productive environment to make our important work a reality.
About the Role
The successful candidate will act as Product Manager on a squad which is developing a key extension of our core product. They’ll work across the ‘product stack’ – from managing sprints through to strategy – with support from our CPO.
Fulfil classic Product Manager responsibilities, including:
- Performing regular customer discovery to understand customer needs.
- Defining and prioritising which customer problems to solve next.
- Writing tickets, setting sprint goals and managing a roadmap.
- Communicating and aligning internal and external stakeholders.
- Running sprint ceremonies (we do not currently have a separate SCRUM Master).
- Inputting into internal discussions on strategy.
- Monitoring and managing the product’s success.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Manager.
- Good working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence and similar tools.
- Experience working in healthcare data & messaging (e.g. HL7, FHIR), with high-volume systems, and/or systems that handle sensitive data.
- Experience in the earliest stages of product development.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a short covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org.