Full-Time Apps Product Manager
Bounty is the UK’s leading digital relationship marketing company specialising in the pregnancy and parenting sector. We have a unique partnership with the NHS, our clients are some of the biggest brands in the world and mobile apps are central to our strategy for delivering value to our clients, midwives, and most importantly, our mums.
Our app is already award winning and number one in the country, downloaded by almost half of all pregnant women in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced, customer-centric Product Manager who is passionate about building genuinely valuable products for their users. You’ll be growing our app propositions to make pregnancy and beyond a little easier and a bit less scary for mums and mums-to-be, while balancing business, commercial and technical needs to ensure your projects are feasible and profitable.
You’ll come to know and own the whole pre and postnatal mobile space – the competition, what Apple and Google are up to, and how you can use the very latest technologies to
delight and engage your audience.
Bounty has been giving out free sample packs in the maternity ward for over 60 years. We’ve grown this offering in our app – you can now collect more packs from local retailers, and we have an ever-growing list of exclusive discounts, vouchers and freebies from our partners.
Our Bounty Ladies also offer bedside photography with your Newborn. This is a massive part of Bounty as a business, and we’re looking to give this the app treatment next.
You can look forward to some interesting tech and partnership opportunities across mCommerce, internationalisation, voice interaction, fitness tracking and more. We’re also considering developing internal apps in parallel.
This role isn’t just about delivering the next project. You’ll research, learn, ideate, lead workshops, find new opportunities, define goals, grow KPIs, guide Marketing, assist Sales, and help us continue to improve our internal processes.
- Manage the app vision, ensuring the roadmap is top class, on trend, on the money and has customers falling over themselves to download and sign up
- Work closely with the Lead App Developer and Head of Design and UX to develop and release new features
- Prioritise projects in accordance to commercial and corporate impact
- Report, evaluate and communicate against key app KPIs
- Work closely with the web product manager to understand how the app can complement the customer proposition
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate validated ideas into design briefs, and design documents into detailed requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with developers to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with Public Relations team, Executives, Marketing, Campaign Implementation and Sales
- Work closely with the Bounty Portrait team to identify, create, develop and optimise all aspects of Bounty Portrait within the apps portfolio
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Drive consumer acquisition to the Bounty club within the product channels of responsibility and indirectly via the consumer journey
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Product management experience, specifically in digital and ideally with mobile apps, within agile software development environments
- Used to working as part of a diverse team with different priorities and viewpoints (in this case head of UX and design, lead app developer and head of digital customer proposition)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful products and features throughout the product development lifecycle, from ideation, through launch and beyond
- Ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to senior management to create buy-in and gain budget approval
- Holistic understanding of business objectives and how the app can influence performance
- Good understanding of user experience best practice
- Knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams and within a wider matrix business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills