Full-Time Associate Product Manager
Welcome to fair finance.
Lending Works isn’t like old-fashioned finance companies. We seamlessly connect people that want to invest their money with sensible borrowers who want to get a better rate on their personal loan, so both get a better deal. Rather than focusing exclusively on profits, we focus on being fair, transparent and honest. These values not only make us proud of the way we treat our customers, but also help us to set a new standard in financial services.
Since launching in 2014, we’ve matched almost £100m of loans, and we’re forecasting to surpass £1bn of loans per annum by 2022. Our team is growing quickly too. We’re currently an agile team of more than 30, and we believe in hiring black-belts in each discipline. We love focussing on brand experience, innovative technologies, data science, our culture and of course growing our business.
The candidate will support the product manager with building product requirements, working with key stakeholders and customers to build the product roadmap and will assist in sharing the product vision. This is a multi faceted role but broadly speaking the responsibility will be to ensure Lending Works builds to correct products and features for it’s various customers but will also ensure the roadmap features are built on time. You will be well versed in the agile work methodology and be a keen advocate of our team’s continuous move towards agile. This role will initially begin as a junior role with the opportunity to develop into a product manager position over time.
- Work closely with the product manager to build the annual roadmap
- Work closely with the development team to build product requirements
- Forever evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Always searching for an understanding of the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers
- Dedicated to growing a long-term career in product management
- Highly performance-motivated and excited by achieving performance objectives
- Has “Can do” attitude to tasks of all sizes and level of complexity
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and consistently delivering before deadlines
- Mature (sensible when required, but definitely not dull), reliable and determined
- Able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role with transferable skills (E.g Project management, analyst, business administration etc.)
- Experience with complex data sets and drawing conclusions
- Knowledge and experience within a product development environment.
- Experience working with executives to plan medium-term as well as day-to-day strategies
- Experience working for a technology lead business
- Experience working in consumer credit (loans, credit cards, mortgages, retail finance, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of point-of-sale finance
- Experience working in a product development environment
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, Computer science or similar
What do we offer
- A friendly and vibrant working culture and people who are always keen to help each other
- A place for you to grow and develop
- Generous pension scheme, life and health insurance and a range of other employee benefits
- Great opportunity to work with one of the rising stars in FinTech