Full-Time Director of Product and Localisation – EU
Director of Product and Localisation-EU, TaskRabbit Ltd, London
Based in London, with frequent travel to SF (1 week per quarter) and EU countries (as needed).
What is TaskRabbit?
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a house cleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building positive, lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and dynamic. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-passionate people who are also excited about helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
What is the job?
TaskRabbit has a goal to be everywhere people need help. We have plans to rapidly expand in the EU in the next two years, and the Director of Product and localisation is key to our success.
We are seeking an experienced, localisation-savvy product director to lead our product and localisation expansion efforts across the European continent. Reporting to the Head of Product and working closely with a cross-functional, multinational team, your job will be to ensure a locally relevant, seamless, user experience in every EU country we enter.
You’ll have your work cut out for you-as a wholly owned subsidiary of IKEA, TaskRabbit will build its own global brand with the help and funding of its parent. You’ll have access to the multi-millions of IKEA customers across the world and will integrate into IKEA owned and operated properties to help advance our mission of building a better everyday life for everyday people.
This role will partner with the Regional Director to run the London office and develop a fully cross-functional team, including local engineering, that will serve as the technical and operational hub of TaskRabbit EU. With Europe as the first regional expansion, the work we do here will set the foundation for global expansion. There’s lots of room for growth ahead!
What will you do?
- Develop country-specific, go-to-market strategy and planning for both TaskRabbit and IKEA
- Craft overall TaskRabbit localisation strategy, in partnership with the EU regional director and the global leadership team
- Cultivate country-specific localisation plans focusing specifically on, but not limited to, the areas of QA, business metrics, and post-launch optimization.
- Run country-specific features, updates, and bugs
- Drive the process of translation to relevant languages by working collaboratively with all teams and product managers to ensure internal tools such as Customer Service and Trust and Safety function efficiently
- Partner with IKEA leadership to tell the story of our international expansion
- Assist in managing and driving EU Engineering team and initiatives
Who are you?
- You have substantial experience building, leading and managing international consumer internet products
- You have worked with translation tools such as Smartling
- You’ve led localisation of online and app-based products; extra bonus if you’ve worked in/for an online marketplace
- You’re a self-directed leader with prior experience at a rapidly scaling company
- You’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who actively takes ownership and is hungry to grow an organization
- You love data and you use it to master complex business problems
- You have strong product management skills. You excel at prioritization, leadership, relationship building, and empathy
- You are comfortable working with change management and ambiguity
- You have proven ability to communicate with stakeholders in different time zones and functions
- Bonus Points: You speak multiple European languages
Benefits & Perks
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- IKEA discount: Receive 15% off all IKEA purchases!
- Private Medical Coverage: We offer a Private Medical Insurance plan with AXA PPP. 100% of the premium is covered by TaskRabbit.
- Pension Plan through Aviva-TaskRabbit will contribute up to 6.5%
- Daily lunch via Deliveroo
- Quarterly Events: We plan an awesome adventure every quarter!
You’ll love working here because of:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.