Full-Time Hardware Product Manager
“I consider it a great privilege to work with such a diverse team of brilliant people – especially on such innovative, fun products. Product at ROLI is particularly cross-disciplinary, so I’m constantly learning and having lots of fun while doing so!”
– Stephen Hempton, Senior Director of Hardware Products
ROLI is looking for a motivated Hardware Product Manager to manage all phases of the product life cycle from conception through to ideation, development, launch and ultimately end of life.
Our range of hardware and software products has grown rapidly since the launch of the award winning Seaboard in 2013. Everything we make — from our NOISE app and BLOCKS ecosystem to our Equator DAW — is designed to let music-makers be more expressive. By inventing new, connected tools we are extending the joy of music-making to everyone.
As our Hardware Product Manager, you will own and be instrumental in the success of our products. Drawing from your experience managing and delivering consumer electronics products, you will work closely across our engineering, operations, sales and marketing teams. By gathering insights, defining the proper specifications and making the right tradeoffs, you will ensure that ROLI continues to deliver the best possible experience to our creators.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive category of music making devices we are creating called ‘Connected Music’ – a network of hardware and software, platform and developer products that will revolutionise how music is made.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the management of our groundbreaking music creation products
- Use extensive market knowledge and research to develop and validate product concepts and specifications
- Be responsible for owning, reviewing, and refining the product specifications alongside engineers, designers, and other key stakeholders
- Define the most critical use cases of the product to deliver hardware/software experiences that deliver excellent experiences inline with these use-cases
- Manage hardware products throughout their lifecycle from planning to execution, including managing the delicate balances between specifications, timelines, and cost
- Help define ROLI’s Hardware Product Strategy and Roadmap – understanding current and anticipating future creator & business needs
- Define and report hardware product KPIs, and translate these data insights into tangible actions
- Own and prioritize the master list of possible changes to a product, and represent the rationale behind the prioritization
- Work closely across all verticals within the organization to assess and evaluate hardware concepts with respect to organizational value, technological feasibility and creator experience.
- Be an evangelist for ROLI Hardware Products and its Product team both internally and externally
- Represent the voice of the creator during product development.
What you’ll need:
- A proven track record of leadership in Hardware Product Management
- Experience managing and delivering consumer electronics products to international markets
- Strong understanding of Hardware Development processes, from prototyping through to production
- Business planning experience, including user acquisition strategies
- The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, balancing multiple points of view while maintaining clarity, including the ability to develop and use keynote presentations in this manner
- Significant experience in project or product planning (Ideally for a consumer electronics or music production company / product)
- A passion for audio, design and technology
- An inquisitive mind and demonstrable examples of implementing proactive solutions
- Superb and demonstrable time-management skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels
- A passion for music, technology and/or startups
- Deep understanding of the music technology and product landscape
- Engineering or Business degree
- Experience working at a rapidly scaling startup company
- The opportunity to work with the leading, progressive minds within technology, hardware, and music creation to directly impact the way we create and interact with music
- A range of meaningful benefits including:
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible and remote work options
- Wellness programme including weekly massages, guided meditation and yoga
- Monthly “Friends and Family dinners”
- Quarterly “Family Days”
- A competitive health care cash plan
- Daily complimentary homemade vegetarian lunch, as well as freshly baked bread, a breakfast bar and limitless homemade GOLDnola
- The opportunity to nurture a new skill set in a 30 minute skill sharing session
- A dedicated company-wide Hack Day every four weeks
- 2 social impact days and 20 hours per year dedicated to volunteering within the local community
- A ‘Lending Library’ and generous team discount across all ROLI products
- State of the art laptop of your choice and relevant software licenses for your role and beyond
- A company backed pension scheme
- A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
- A competitive salary according to your level of experience
To learn more about us and our culture, check out:
- Profile on ROLI Culture in The Guardian
- See the Seaboard in action
- Song maker kit with Marco Parisi
- BLOCKS the modular music studio
- Balderton Podcast – ROLI’s company culture & building a unique team
- Pharrell joins the team!