Full-Time Head of Product
We are looking for a creative and data-driven Head of Product to lead our Product team, responsible for owning the design, delivery, and success of existing and future products. We’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding, helping them to pursue their vision, create jobs, and spur innovation. As the Head of Product at Crowdcube, you have the opportunity to shape and define that experience for entrepreneurs, and make investing in early stage businesses available to anybody regardless of age, gender, and income.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world’s leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we’re enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 500,000 registered investors, and over 650 British businesses successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
What you will be doing:
As Head of Product at Crowdcube, joining a close knit and supportive leadership team, you will have the opportunity to drive the next chapter in the evolution of the world’s leading equity crowdfunding platform. You will get to operate at the forefront of new innovative financial technology and play a central role in the continuing development of the UK start-up scene. You will manage a full suite of cross platform technology products and services (web, iOS, and Android) in a two sided marketplace.
Day to day you will have ownership of and be responsible for:
- Crowdcube’s long term product vision, and the strategy, planning, and delivery of that vision
- Managing, coaching, and growing a strong team of product managers and product designers
- Developing and reinforcing strong relationships between the Product team and the rest of the business
- Representing Crowdcube within the broader UK technology, FinTech, and Product Management community
Ideally you will have:
- Proven experience of managing high complexity products at a technology company, deeply understanding current and emerging trends in technology, and the tradeoffs of different technology choices.
- A natural instinct for good product design, and you obsess about offering an elegant and intuitive user experience.
- Experience of recommending and implementing industry best practices and processes for product discovery, design, user research, and development; ensuring projects are consistently delivered on time and on budget.
- Experience of building, coaching, developing, supporting, and empowering a Product team, ensuring that they always feel happy, motivated, and valued.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous start up experience and an understanding of financial and investment products will be viewed favourably.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness, and strong personal values and principles – you try to do the right thing and are willing to fight for it.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills – you tackle a problem in a logical, informed manner,weighing up all elements before making a decision, with a keen eye for inconsistency.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that triggers learning over no decision at all.
- Are a curious and inquisitive individual with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
- Are a strong communicator, who can put together a compelling presentation for both internal and external parties, and have a natural flair for influencing others.
- Are humble, happy to admit when you are wrong, valuing the views and opinions of others, and having empathy for the different stakeholders involved.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard working, and we take care of our team:
- Competitive DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Conferences and training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and occasional team lunches, and lunch and learns.
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more…
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.