Full-Time Lead/Principal Product Manager
Lead/Principal Product Manager
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is the world’s largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. Axiom is pioneering change, innovation, and value in one of the world’s largest economies that has not yet fully yielded to innovation and modernization. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.”
As a senior member of Axiom’s product management organization, you will work closely with our Technology, Sales, and Client Service teams to define and deliver the products and features that solve the needs of our largest and most advanced clients while also accelerating us along our path to transforming the legal industry in a digital age. Specifically, you will be the lead product manager for one of our growing suite of contracts offerings that we believe will fundamentally reshape the future of not just how contracts are negotiated, but the very role they, and the insights buried within them, play in modern businesses. We are rapidly expanding the product to support some of the largest organizations in the world and are looking for an experienced product person to lead the efforts going forward. That’s where you come in!
You will align the strategy and develop the end-to-end economics for our largest and most advanced clients, in lock-step with the work being done on the core products. You’ll, manage the discovery and development roadmaps, work closely with Axiom’s engineering organization to prioritize features and functions that are critical to these prominent clients. In doing so, you will need to lead and excite our Client Service, Sales and Technology organizations along the way – you’ll need to inspire understanding, belief, and ownership, while bringing product management best practices and strong instincts to bear on every interaction you have – inside the building and out.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
Specifically, this role will handle:
- Ingest and deeply understand our product and business strategy. Be able to not only understand but evangelize and defend the decisions we make as a business.
- Propose tactical applications of these strategies as it relates to the balance between client demands and core roadmap features.
- Be able to synthesize feedback you’re getting from clients and the market to suggest and execute testable hypotheses that inform shifts in strategy related to your product.
- Create the business case and economic models to substantiate investment proposals where applicable.
- Test, iterate and work with clients to validate the set of capabilities required to bring about the intended value proposition of the product. Partner closely with both the Technology and Client Service organizations to ensure that they are ready and able to deliver the complete solutions, as designed. You are the glue that brings it all together, accountable for the success of the product, each of its features, and ultimately the clients who use them.
- Own the metrics and measures (KPIs) used to measure success for the product, defined at inception and tracked throughout the product’s lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders, interpret them into actionable conclusions, and hold relevant stakeholders accountable.
- Be the Product representative “at the table” in high stakes client conversations that impact prioritization, timelines, and overall product quality.
- Evangelize the vision so all relevant stakeholders and the organization more broadly are contextualized, aligned and energized about our Product direction.
- Interface directly with our top-tier clients to understand their needs, translate that into valuable product features, and ensure that each feature is successfully launched and utilized.
- Drive the creation of material and positioning to be leveraged in our sales, marketing and internal knowledge development efforts.
- Understand and evangelize at every turn, the value of repeatable and scalable software.
- Support our commercial team in an advisory or subject matter expert capacity relating to the products under your stewardship.
Successful candidates must be fits for Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, and results-oriented. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and communication.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- 10+ years of product management or equivalent experience, within software/SaaS environments, with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products with ruthless prioritization.
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to enable high-value delivery cycles using agile methodologies.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a company. This Lead/Principal Product Manager plays a critical role in creating alignment between and among stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid expansion.
- Successful start-up experience and / or scaling a business is strongly desired.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.