Full-Time Magic: Head of Business Product
Are you passionate about building tools for businesses? Do you wake up with new ideas that you can’t wait to implement? Are you a creative self-starter who loves autonomy and the ability to make things happen? Does working a flexible schedule from anywhere in the world sound appealing? If so, we might have the ideal job for you!
Job Title: Head of Business Product
Location: Remote, preference for someone who can work with some overlap on GMT +8 time zone.
Magic’s task is to use software to tame a staggering world of complexity. Our users can put in any request or command, no matter how complex, using natural language. Our software manages each request from the moment it enters our system until it is fully complete. This includes back-end infrastructure to handle SMS messages, natural language processing and machine learning, intelligent internal tooling for our agents, and innovative layers of abstraction over the diverse complexity of the world. https://getmagic.com/
Magic has built a successful, profitable personal virtual assistance service. It is currently a product that caters to busy professionals who are experienced with personal/virtual assistants and know how to delegate. This time-saving tool has caught the interest of the business community and due to the organic demand that has been building for a business-focused product, Magic is developing a new B2B product to meet this demand. Our new Head of Business Product will own the formation and direction of our new B2B product, having the autonomy to research the product direction, build out the roadmap and to begin building sales relationships with the SMB market. In order to do this, extensive research on interfaces, integrations, user testing and business use will need to be implemented in order to bring this product to market successfully. This role will report directly to the CEO, Mike Chen.
What’s in it for me?
You will have the opportunity to come in at an early stage to own the Product Management of a tool that is already used by thousands of people on a daily basis and will is already utilized by businesses across the US. You will have the opportunity to build a ‘startup in a startup’ and to see your ideas realized into a product that impacts millions by saving them what matters most: their time. You will be our first dedicated product hire and have a tremendous opportunity to shape the future of Magic and grow in your role.
- 7+ years of product management experience (preferably with business-oriented products)
- Prior experience building a business product from early-stage to market that attained demonstrable and substantial amount of success in the B2B world
- Product marketing experience, you will be the early evangelist of your product and involved in the early sales process
- History of working on remote or distributed teams preferred
- You will quickly become familiar with the product, it’s abilities and limitations from a business use perspective.
- You will build relationships with the current team and bring on new team members to build out the product and implement the roadmap.
- You will use existing user feedback, testing and market research to craft a product that best serves current and future business clients.
- You will create a clear product roadmap, including release cycles, and iteration plans to develop, improve and modifications the product based on user needs.
- You will report consistently and clearly on the successes, failures, and learnings as the product is developed.
- Product Management
- Roadmapping, prioritization
- Working well with multiple teams, leading without being their manager
- Talking to users, understanding pain points and business needs
- Integration and API knowledge
- Split testing and data analysis
- Extensive spreadsheet reporting
- Proven track record of making data-informed product decisions
- Assertive, you need to be able to champion your ideas, to get them through review and to implement them
- Self-managed, this position requires someone with discipline and a structured approach to all tasks. This is not a micro-managed position. You will be expected to own this role and be self-directed
- Have excellent communication skills that transcend remote boundaries and cultures
- Passion for the product we are building and a desire to see it grow to impact people’s lives
- Autonomous and driven, you set goals and you follow through
- Optimistic and excited to keep experimenting, iterating, and learning, even in the face of failed experiments
- Ability to work well with multiple different departments in different time zones with different cultures
Other Requirements: This position is 100% remote, however, part of our team is located in the Philippines and part in San Francisco. Occasional travel to the Philippines may be necessary (honestly, this is more of a perk than a requirement, we promise!)