Full-Time Principal Product Manager
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is the world’s largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. Axiom is pioneering change, innovation, and value in one of the world’s largest economies that has not yet fully yielded to innovation and modernization. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.”
As a senior member of Axiom’s product management organization, you will work closely with our Technology, Sales, and Client Service teams to envision new growth opportunities that take us along our path to transforming the legal industry in a digital age. Specifically, you will be the lead product owner for one of our growing suite of contracts offerings that we believe will fundamentally reshape the future of not just how contracts are negotiated, but the very role they and the insights buried within them play in modern businesses. We are rapidly expanding our products to support some of the largest organizations in the world and are looking for an experienced product leader to lead the efforts going forward. That’s where you come in!
You will align the strategy, develop the end-to-end economics, manage the product development roadmaps, work closely with Axiom’s Technology organization to discover and prioritize features and functions that are critical to our largest and most prominent clients. In doing so, you will need to lead and excite our Client Service, Sales and Technology organizations along the way – you’ll need to inspire understanding, belief, and ownership, while bringing product management best practices and strong instincts to bear on the product you own.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
Specifically, this role will handle:
- Establish and own the vision for our suite of offerings related to contracts insights and negotiation solutions.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, , you are uniquely positioned to assess the competitive landscape to inform our go-to-market efforts, strategic partnership approach, and potential M&A targets to increase overall product value.
- Create the business case and economic models to substantiate investment proposals and inform our product pricing strategy.
- Identify the set of enabling capabilities and investments required to bring about the intended value proposition. Partner closely with both the Technology and Client Service organizations to ensure that they are ready and able to deliver the solutions you designed. You are the glue that brings it all together, accountable for each of your products’ success!
- Own and direct the product management process (competitive analysis, requirements, positioning, packaging, pricing, rollout, sales enablement, delivery capabilities) for each of your products
- Own the metrics and measures (KPIs) used to measure success for your product, defined at inception and tracked throughout each product’s lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders, interpret them into actionable conclusions, and hold relevant stakeholders accountable.
- Evangelize the vision so all relevant stakeholders and the organization more broadly are contextualized, aligned and energized about our Product direction.
- Interface directly with our top-tier clients to understand their needs, translate that into valuable product features, and ensure that each feature is successfully launched and utilized
- Drive the creation of material and positioning to be leveraged in our sales, marketing and internal knowledge development efforts.
- Support our commercial team in an advisory or subject matter expert capacity relating to the products under your stewardship.
Successful candidates must be fits for Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and lean team operations.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- 10+ years of product management or equivalent experience, within software/technology/consulting environments (a services connection a plus, though not required), with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects using agile methodologies and embracing a lean start-up philosophy.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a company. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between and among stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid international growth.
- Successful start-up experience and / or scaling a business is strongly desired.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.