This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
20 Mar 2019
Full-Time Product Coach
👋Hey, We’re Founders Factory
We’re the world’s best partner for founders. Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory has received investment from L’Oreal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, CSC and M&S. We have also launched in Johannesburg with Standard Bank. Combined with our full-time team of 70 specialists we offer founders the best platform to launch or scale their startup. Our incubator creates 13 new startups every year. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup. Our accelerator invests in 35 startups every year. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and provide commercial opportunities with our investors. We’re also Europe’s Hottest Startup Accelerator according to the Europas, read more here.
At Founders Factory our mission is to develop a repeatable methodology for building successful innovative technology startups. At the centre of this are the companies we invest in and guide through our accelerator programme and the companies we create and build in our incubator. All these businesses have different needs and every founder is on a different journey when it comes to product thinking and leadership. Our Product Coaches help these businesses by increasing their product knowledge and help them build the right thing, in the right way.
Responsibilities (You will)
- You will be impacting businesses strategies, direction and how teams work together. Product thinking is the core of everything we do at Founders Factory and our Product coaches are the custodians.
- Work with startups in the accelerator and incubator to identify their product knowledge gaps.
- Coach founders using your expertise in product development and management to become better product thinkers and leaders.
- Help refine the structure of the coaching framework we have created, to improve how our companies build products that continuously delivers value to their customers.
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and vision of the organisation with a focus on team coaching and mentorship.
- Improve teams and businesses ability to ship quality products
- Provide product insights and collaborative decision making to help the team when faced with challenges.
- You will be part of gathering the data and produce internal tools that help our companies and Founders Factory to scale, as part of Founders Factory mission to find the ingredients on the best way to start a business.
Requirements (you should)
- Have significant experience in a product leadership role with strong coaching and people development ability. Be able to encourage self-motivation, improvement and drive. You are a firm believer in coaching over management.
- Be driven by finding the root cause of any issue, rather putting a patch over them, with sound judgement and problem-solving ability at all levels. Comfortable making decisions and taking risks where necessary.
- Have high emotional intelligence and empathy for founders and their team as well as for your fellow colleagues in the Founders Factory operations team
- Be organised with strong attention to detail and an ability to balance detail with the big picture.
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Have great knowledge of what makes a good process and being able to apply frameworks and methodologies for the right problem
- Have an understanding of what makes a great product. From design, technology and growth.
- Having either coached multiple teams at one time or have worked with a variety of products and industries in your career.
We believe product coaching is the future of product management, come and help us develop it further.
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to become a founder in the future:
– Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers.
– Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products.
– Support: marketing, legal, finance, fundraising, growth, business development and recruitment.
– Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage from Vitality.
– Office Space: Desk space in fully-serviced office on High Street Ken with table tennis table, scooters and breakout spaces.
– Office Meals: Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.