Internship Product Designer (6 months Internship)
You will improve the way we process checks, time to process and quality of our service and ultimately impact on our key company goals for 2019, create customer buzz for our clients and attract new ones too.
You’ll join a Design team that has been recognised as a UX Leader in Identity Verification. We’re a team of smart, fun, humble and friendly Designers that are inclusive and welcome new perspectives. We’ll actively support your onboarding to the team which will give you maximum chance of success.
Your mission will be to support our Document team’s sprint work to meet the team’s goals and roadmap.
To do this you will:
- Design solutions to problems identified by conducting user research on our analysts (80%)
- Support two of our Product Designers in the discovery to lay out a vision for our service (20%)
At Onfido, we’re opening up online access on a global scale. Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services by building trust between businesses and their users – a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Today, we work with global customers to help them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries and we’re backed by Salesforce and Microsoft.
We’ve pioneered AI-based deep learning technology to verify whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics to reduce fraud and increase completion and speed…and we’re just getting started! Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we’re hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Used Sketch for the creation of UI Design
- Good communication and visual skills to share your knowledge and ideas
- You know how to prototype and test quickly in creative ways
- You have a hunger for learning
- You know how to collaborate with teammates
- You have a portfolio you’ll use to show your wonderful projects and process
- Extended prototyping methods (Framer, React)
- Experience conducting workshops to work closely with stakeholders
- Experience with remote testing
Values and behaviours:
- Create Customer Buzz – You have the customer, and potential customer, at heart by understanding their needs. You’ll go beyond what they say they want and need by understanding where the market may be headed so that we’ll know what they need before they do.
- Succeed Together – You communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and are able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully to team objectives and, via your interactions, helps each member and the team as a whole to perform at their best
- Take Pride – You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, e.g. by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives that are not core to own role
- Learn Things, Share Them – You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue your own professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your own specialism
- Find a Better Way – You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackle problems of a relatively diverse nature and select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Pro-rata salary of £22,000 per annum
- Pro-rata 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days – 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- An open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- A review of your application and portfolio
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem solving
- An on-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.