Full-Time Product Director
Title: Product Director
Location: Tempe, AZ headquarters
The successful candidate must have
- Strong technical knowledge of product management.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies and UX design.
- Knowledge of how to write, groom and develop user stories.
- Knowledge and experience with developing a product strategy and release plan.
- Extensive knowledge of the Scrum methodology.
- Ability to lead and manage product managers
Ideal candidate would possess
- Solid technical expertise in eDiscovery / Litigation Software.
- Experience as a product manager / product owner for eDiscovery / Litigation software product or technical project at a B2B software / SaaS company.
- Experience with managing a team of people.
About the role: How you will make an impact
This role is ideal for someone who is currently an eDiscovery / litigation software veteran and wants to lead a growing team and help continue to shape an evolving product line.
As a Product Director on our Product team, you will responsible for leading a team of product managers, developing their product management skills and knowledge and assessing their performance. Additionally, you will work with the team to develop their skills in interviewing customers and stake holders, applying the information that was received and helping to prioritize and implement the feedback. You will also assist in developing, implementing and maintaining the technology stack used by the product team to assist with product management in consistent standardized usage and input/output. As a Product Director, you will work with the product team on the different areas of our platform and shepherd features through the software development lifecycle, ensuring their successful release to our users. As a client advocate, you will get to know our customers, understand their needs and translate them into actionable features. You will manage feature requests by looking for duplicates, responding to customers, and passing ideas up to the Product Management team. You will also vet user stories with developers, grooming the backlog and breaking features down into actionable pieces. As someone who bridges our Product and Engineering functions, you will need to understand the UX plan of our products, and translate those requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria for engineers to use. As many of our products are connected, you will work across teams to manage any dependencies of features in progress.
Challenges you will help us solve
- How do we continuously improve and develop our product management team?
- How do we efficiently manage features with interdependencies?
- How do we ensure releases are of the highest quality, getting features “out the door” and learning from them as quickly as possible?
- Given the complexity of our products, how do we weigh the costs vs. the value add of our features?
We are looking for someone who
- Understands the perks and pains associated with managing a product.
- Has a desire to develop and provide opportunities for career development.
- Is passionate about building high quality products.
- Is competitive about products. Know the product space and understand what our competition does and how we can improve. Understand what they do well, what they do poorly, and capitalize on their missteps.
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input.
- Can gracefully say “no” when something doesn’t make sense for the product(s).
- Has diplomatic skills and able to communicate and work with a variety of stakeholders and teams.
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours.
- Named as a Careerbuilder® Top Company to Work for in Arizona in 2015
- Named 2015 AZ’s Most Admired company by Best Companies AZ
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability and up to $50,000 in life insurance.
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan
- We have a start-up company mentality with 26 years of industry experience.
- Work/Life balance is valued and upheld.
- Progressive, hip environment with private food market, bar (in progress) and casual office culture.