Full-Time Product Innovation Manager
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What does the team look like?
Digital & Strategy are responsible for setting the future direction of O2 and for identifying & going into new adjacent areas or product opportunities. This includes the world largest IOT programme (SMIP), our MVNO contacts with companies like Tesco & Sky and new product developments in areas like big data & IOT.
New Product Innovation sits within New Product Development and is specifically responsible for identifying and launching new product innovations.
How will you fit into this?
The Product Manager is responsible for the discovery, test & launch of new products that delight our customers and drive new revenue streams for O2. This could be across a variety of different products including management of the end-end product lifecycle. We’re looking for someone to sit at the intersection of tech, UX and the business to build compelling new products for our customers.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
- Ability to work in an agile way that positively challenges ways of working in O2 and ensures quick and low cost turnaround of PoCs and product launches
- Responsible for coming up with new product ideas based on technical understanding, commercial awareness and understanding of customer needs. Working with other departments to impact assess products including estimating costs, business cases and other impacts
- Responsibility for early life product development including ideation, trialling, evaluating and where they prove successful, launching new products to drive commercial value. Measured on the time to market, amount & quality of new product ideas going through the innovation pipeline. Quality will be measured by customer feedback, take up and financial metrics.
- Responsible for testing new products with customers through running low cost experiments, proof of concept tests and trials with customers and making recommendations based on those results
- Responsibility and ownership of product backlogs, roadmaps, and business cases
What we need from you:
- Experience of negotiating and managing third parties/supplier relationships in the digital space
- Great knowledge of the digital landscape and developments in the market
- Experience of discovering new product ideas based on user research and customer insight, commercial awareness and a disruptive thinking approach to established markets and sectors
- Experience of trialling, launching and iterating digital products. Good experience in agile product principles and ability to find the right option for bringing a product to market to maximise speed & quality and minimise cost
- An eye for detail and good design, with an ability to help visualise ideas to quickly test and validate them, but also ensure industrialised products have best-in-class usability, accessibility and customer appeal
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and delivering under pressure in complex fast paced environments
- Ability to gather, analyse and use data to make good decisions, influence stakeholders and clearly articulate the progress and potential of new products
- A team player who is happy to work with other product managers within the team to add value to the overall team product roadmap
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Organised with experience of managing products or projects which cross multiple areas of the organisation
- Experience of negotiating and managing full partnerships in the digital space
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.