Full-Time Product Lead
Feast It is changing the events industry by building an online booking platform connecting anybody to the country’s best street food style caterers. Our events range from small private parties and corporate events, right up to festivals with 1.5 million attendees. We’ve created the one-stop solution for finding the best event catering, whatever the event.
From Dirtyburger to Bao and Five Points to Patty & Bun, we work with over 400 of the most exciting food and drink producers in the country. We’re just 18 months into our journey, and so far we’ve seen nothing but rapid growth. Our team is expanding, our office keeps growing, we’ve recently fed 3 million mouths at public festivals, and we keep smashing all our targets!
We work out of an awesome office just two minutes from Aldgate East station that boasts a free gym, a beer fridge, a roof terrace and generally speaking, not terrible people. We’re a young and fun team, all passionate about food and excited about playing a part in building a disruptive food business.
Our product allows customers to discover, book and pay for event services online, whilst reducing the stress usually associated with doing so. We aim to provide a slick customer experience and features that add value, whilst always providing our clients with an experience to remember. Right now, we achieve this through our customer facing website, our supplier facing dashboard and the internal tooling that we’ve built.
Over our first 18 months we’ve proven that there is enormous demand for the problem we are solving. Our next challenge is to take everything we’ve learned about the customers on both sides of our marketplace, as well as our own internal operations, to build a world class product that will help us to scale. From tweaks to our operating model, supporting our key processes with technology or entirely new features and tools; we’re going to step up the demands we make on technology, and we need someone brilliant to lead that.
You’ll own development as a whole, the product roadmap, the development process and be responsible for the output of the team. Ultimately, you’ll help us mature from a tech-enabled business to a tech-centric one. In the next 6 months, you’ll be working hand in glove with our lead developer, helping the development team more than double, whilst leading a number of initiatives coming off the back of a successful summer of events.
To achieve the above, you’ll need to:
- Work with all stakeholders to define and manage the execution of an ambitious product roadmap
- Define, own and maintain very high delivery standards of technical output
- Set and then run the development process (from ideation to delivery)
- Understand business problems and synthesise them into product solutions
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and their needs
- Clearly communicate product decisions and the reasons behind them.
- You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus and help others to make decisions by being persuasive but balanced
As a person, you’ll most likely:
- Have a natural eye for design and crafting simple, but beautiful user interfaces
- Have a high level of tech literacy (know your frameworks from your languages)
- Be excellent at gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders and translating them into a product that satisfies their requirements
- Be skilled at leading, analysing and using research – both qualitative and quantitative – to deliver excellent user experiences
- Be obsessed with understanding details, and are highly attuned to noticing pain points, needs, niggles and frustrations. You roll up your sleeves and get into the detail.
- Care about being agile and shipping for impact, focussing on things that move the needle
- Have at least three years of proven experience in digital product management: prototyping, spec writing, wireframing and test design (bonus points for startup or marketplace experience)
- Have a good knowledge of Agile methodology and ideally have a Scrum master qualification
- Have a startup mentality. You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, risk management and changing requirements.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Free coffee, beer, pizza and an overly stocked snack cupboard in the office
- Regular team socials and events
- A shiny new Macbook to work on
- 100+ incredible lunch options in just a few minutes walk. The office is right by Aldgate East and Aldgate stations, so we’re surrounded by amazing markets, delis, bars and restaurants in Brick Lane, Spitalfields and Shoreditch.
- Loads of invites to food-industry events (yes they do usually have free food)
- You’ll be part of a young and fun team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company and can honestly claim to be mates
- Office gym
- Roof terrace for lunch, drinks etc.
- Dog friendly
- The opportunity to make an impact in a key area of the business. If you’ve got a great idea, you’ll have the support to make it a reality
- Feast It supports small businesses across all over the UK by helping them find extra work