Full-Time Product Manager – Friction
Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families and friends in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online – with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years and WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs and freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides and help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
Why do we care about money transfers so much?
Most of our customers are first or second generation migrants. They may be living and working far from their home but still manage to send money back to support their loved ones.
Large international wire transfer companies and banks have been taking advantage of people like this by charging preposterous fees and unfair rates.
With the World Bank estimating $575 billion annually flowing into developing countries – transforming the remittance industry could have a greater impact on international development than every single government aid program combined.
WorldRemit is using innovative technology and growing it’s a global network to make transferring money easier, fairer and more affordable.
How are we doing so far?
– A family of 450+ employees across offices in London, Denver, Sydney and more
– A Fintech Top 20 company
– Sending almost 10,000,000 remittances annually (and growing)
– Raised $230 million in funding
– Funded by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Spotify, Netflix and Facebook.
– Covering 140+ countries across the globe
What will you be working on?
You’ll be working on one of our biggest business goals: improving the customer experience by eliminating the friction in sending a money transfer. When we’re sending money to 140 countries around the world, some things are bound to go wrong through user or partner error, but we want to catch them when they do and fix them before the customer ever knows there was a problem. Getting this right is crucial to allowing WorldRemit to scale effectively and reach even more people around the world.
- Own the user experience for customers after their transaction has been authorised, across all 140 markets, on both mobile and web
- Define the roadmap for tackling friction, prioritising for maximum benefit to our customers and business
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and their interactions with WorldRemit by analysing the huge amounts of data we have available and undertaking user research, as well as drawing on the expertise of our Customer Service and Operations teams
- Work tightly with other Product Owners and business stakeholders to understand how new initiatives might affect customer friction and identify how these can be avoided or improved
- Be the product owner for the new friction development team in Warsaw (regular travel to Poland included), prioritising the backlog, and writing rock-solid user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria
What are we looking for?
- A natural leader with a proven track-record of building amazing products
- A commercial mind-set with a good understanding of how to balance customer needs with business needs
- An analytical approach, you know which metrics to focus on and can mine data for behavioural trends
- A great eye for detail – no room for error when people’s money is at stake!
Skills we’d like
- Product management experience, working hands on with an agile development team of developers and designers
- Experience creating a roadmap, writing tight user stories, and prioritising a backlog
- Sufficient understanding of web and mobile technologies to spot opportunities and avoid pitfalls
- Experience of user research from guerrilla testing to customer interviews
- Analytical mind set with great understanding of A/B testing and correctly interpreting statistical significance. SQL skills preferable
- Evidence of taking a product or features from discovery to live