Full-Time Product Manager – Pharmacy Platforms
The position is currently located at 1435 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, IL 60015, with ability to office out of 36 S. Wabash Ave, STE 410, Chicago, IL. It will relocate to The Old Main Post Office on 433 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60607 when construction of the new tech office is completed.
Anticipate moving in January 2020, check it out!: http://www.post433.com/
Join the team working on the largest initiative in the history of our company, Pharmacy Renewal. This initiative seeks to design and build the largest, most advanced pharmacy infrastructure in the world from the ground up. Empowered to operate as an innovation center, this initiative represents one of Walgreens most important programs at global, national and local levels. US, UK, Poland, Argentina and Italy based teams will be leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to build on Walgreens parent company, Walgreens Boots Alliance strategic vision to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores.
As a key member of the Product, Pharmacy Platform team, you will own the strategic development of an industry-leading product that helps our pharmacy team deliver better customer experience on a daily basis. In this role, we are looking for someone who has a passion for design and understands how technology can enhance lives.
Key to success in this role is to lead the market research to develop the best product for our internal consumer. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with our pharmacy team members, understand their needs and help come up with innovative solutions.
As a Product Manager in Pharmacy Renewal, you are responsible for translating business strategy and goals into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap for a key product area. You will work collaboratively to manage prioritization among strategy, operations, user experience, engineering, and other cross-functional teams.
As you manage your assigned area of the roadmap, you must engage, inspire and enable your team of analysts to strategically resolve issues, maintain pace and meet the strategic, financial and technical outcomes to deliver an industry-leading product.
- Develops and executes on IT product/service strategies and plans. Directs the operations of the assigned functional area to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the specified area of expertise. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business.
- Provides day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key technology/information systems and general support activities.
- Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in consumer-facing or internal client-facing solution development, OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in solution development.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management, business development, or management consulting.
- Experience working with product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience collaborating with cross functional team to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- MBA, Master’s Degree or other advanced degree.
- Experience with AGILE software development methodology.
- At least 2 years of experience working on projects supporting inventory management or supply chain initiatives (healthcare or retail pharmacy industry preferred).
- Experience developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
How to Apply
Want to learn more, click to chat with our Product Recruiter: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/walgreens/j/r3PZJg7WO1p20qyMbpbq6lBeGz49yQvn#!lpChatWidget
Click to check out our Innovation Culture: https://jobs.walgreens.com/it-culture