Full-Time Product Manager – Cross Portfolio Deal Tool
Why this role matters
The cross portfolio team’s mission is to give customers wishing to buy several products from across our vast portfolio a great experience. After all, customers will only come back to buy more from BT if they’re convinced we’re easy to do business with. Success in this area is a major contributor to Business & Public Sector’s growth ambitions. One of our key initiatives is to build a great deal tool (we refer to it as “CPQ”, short for “Configure Price Quote”) for our sales channels, using best of breed software. Sales people can use this intuitive tool to create multi-product solutions for customers. The result is a single proposal and contract for the customer as well as a joined-up delivery experience. Your role is to own discrete work packages within this programme, taking guidance from the Head of CPQ.
We’re looking for a product manager who is passionate about making complex processes simple and enjoyable for our sales people and customers and who is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
What you’ll be doing
You have ownership of discrete development tranches from start to finish: assessing the demand with our colleagues in the sales channels; writing requirements; walking through the requirements with our technical teams; overseeing the development; being involved in the testing of the solution, and handing the finished result over to the trading units who will then roll it out to their end-users in the sales channels. You will also contribute to evolving the roadmap and our annual budgeting process.
- Working with the propositions / commercial managers and stakeholders in the service teams, to agree requirements for discrete CPQ development tranches. Your challenge will be to achieve consensus between a variety of requirements owners.
- Responsible for writing statements of requirements and taking them through to stakeholder sign-off.
- Responsible for leading tranches of development of the CPQ tool, in partnership with internal and external delivery partners, working to budget and development sprints. For the most part we are able to work in an agile way, and your challenge is to spot developments that are dependent on releases of our core systems.
- Contribute to the roadmap and development plan for CPQ, including feeding in demand for the annual budgeting cycle.
- Work with the managers of existing BT products to ensure cross portfolio compatibility.
- Accountable for ensuring any legal and regulatory obligations of the tranches you own are met.
- Driving improvements to the customer experience.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
- Typically degree and post graduate qualification in a related subject, e.g. Business or Marketing.
- Experience in a product / propositions / technical role, developing services for the business market.
- Relevant experience in a portfolio/product management role, with a track record of KPI improvement (e.g. financial, operational or customer experience metrics) and / or technical achievement).
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales, to innovate and ‘think outside the box’, delivering capabilities and solutions that meet customers’ needs and trading units’ functional and business requirements.
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills to Director level. Able to work in large interdisciplinary virtual teams.
Why choose us?
You’ll be joining a team of experienced cross portfolio product managers. You’ll be based in BT’s head office, in the heart of the City of London with all its amenities and attractions. This role allows you to work across a number of our strategically important products, and you’ll be working with the relevant “solus” product managers. Expect a very varied role that gives you the opportunity to shape a high-profile capability in B&PS.
How to ApplyIf applying by email, in the subject heading please put "Product Manager - Cross Portfolio Deal Tool + [Your Name]" If you could also let us know in the email the following that would be great:
- Current salary/expectations
- Current notice period /how soon could you start
- Where you are located