This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
14 Jun 2018
Full-Time Product Manager
At Animoto, we believe that everyone should have the power to create professional-quality videos. To get there, our approach has always been about bringing in the smartest, and most passionate people who care as much about our product as they do about each other. If that sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, and you fit the description below, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Product Manager at Animoto, you will play a critical role in helping us to take on the huge opportunity that is in front of us, to solve the growing need for everyone to be able to create powerful, professional video in a world that’s increasingly video-first. You will collaborate with product and engineering leaders throughout the company, you’ll define and drive the development of web, mobile, and tablet product offerings. The potential for impact is broad and extends to our valued partners outside the company. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, and you fit the description below, we’d love to hear from you!
Why Animoto Wants You:
- You’re a natural leader. People listen to you. You’re able to synthesize many viewpoints and make hard decisions.
- You have the technical chops to effectively interact with high-performance engineering teams. You can speak nerd, and also non-nerd.
- You have a robust understanding of web design and tech paradigms, and of course internet fundamentals in general.
- You know how to use data to drive decisions. You think about metrics and data collection before projects even start.
- You’re scrappy. You get your hands dirty. You know how to start with small hypotheses and validate them as early as possible with real customers before moving forward.
- You listen well, read well, write well, communicate well, and present well.
The Day to Day:
- Know our customer, thoroughly.
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers.
- Prioritize and manage a backlog of initiatives, regularly making tough calls on where to spend our precious time.
- Assess opportunities based on customer research, data, and strategy.
- Regularly present to company stakeholders on the roadmap, progress, and learnings.
- Work regularly with the head of product to establish priorities and help drive team strategy.
- Define, collect, and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in consumer product management
- Experience driving complex projects with distributed resource teams
- Deep knowledge of agile software development processes
- Experience developing and executing AB and multivariate tests
- Comfort with querying and analyzing data to help develop insights
- You have shipped an entire web or mobile product, from ideation to launch.
Why Join Animoto:
- Be a part of a thriving product team that includes opportunities to collaborate with other product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Learn and grow within a role that is important to you- we encourage exploration and the chance to work on interesting projects that challenge you professionally.
- You resonate with our company’s mission and value teamwork.
- We have an inclusive and quirky culture here! Ask us about our values: Humbletude, Betterfication, and Oomphosity.
- Great benefits. We offer competitive salary, bonus, equity, 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents, and paid time off to name a few.
At Animoto, we help our customers communicate who they are, what they do, and what they love through video. Our users are connected by the desire to use video to share what matters most to them, but come from all walks of life and are passionate about all sorts of different things. We’re proud to help them share these passions.
Similarly, we embrace the differences of our team members and actively seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. We strive to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. By doing so, we’re building an inclusive culture where we can continue innovating for our customers. We too are united in the belief that our voices are even more powerful when using video to communicate, and we aim to have a workplace that reflects the variety of our users. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.