Full-Time Product Manager
Product Manager (Senior)
We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of automated VAT compliance easier for our clients. Be part of a cutting-edge technology company that is constantly striving to “wow” our customers through innovation and relentless focus on excellence.
The Avalara EMEA Product Manager will work with Avalara’s product teams to deliver VAT compliance reporting and determination solutions spanning on-premises, cloud and hybrid deployments that drive value to organizations of all sizes, and end-user needs across the complexity spectrum.
Avalara is currently going through a rapid growth phase in EMEA. Reporting directly to our VP Product, this role is both focal and pivotal to our success in the region.
Proactively work with internal and external customers to acquire a deep understanding of their requirements & business needs (e.g. other PMs, operations, business development, sales, marketing & customer success teams)
Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against
Deliver requirements in partnership with Design/UX, as appropriate, with an iterative, pragmatic approach to research delivery
Ensure that product requirements incorporate effective written and more creative, visual techniques (e.g. wireframes and mockups)
Develop and articulate defensible point of views based on data from primary and secondary researching including direct customer engagement, particularly for new tax vertical or product launch
Ensure committed product delivery timelines are achieved across the organization including but not limited to engineering
Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers across the organization
Experience (must haves):
- Proven track record as a pure-play product manager
- Experience working for leading SaaS companies with a diverse customer base spanning small business owners, SMB, and enterprise
- Experience gained within similar vertical – FinTech / FS, Tax, E-Commerce or Accounting
- Degree level qualification in technology, marketing, business or related area – or equivalent, relevant experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies and toolchain (e.g. Jira)
- Experience with technical delivery teams leveraging continuous delivery for launch
- Adept at developing and delivering complex products at high velocity and with aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical approach, with attention to detail and excellent reporting skills
- Ability to communicate and manage stakeholder relationships effectively, internally and externally
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
Preferred Experience (nice to have):
- Proven track record in the VAT industry.
- Experience of working as a Product Manager for companies delivering indirect tax software capabilities
- Experience integrating VAT solutions into financial and/or e-commerce applications
- Knowledge and experience in the purchase to pay and quote to cash process cycles including associated workflows in an ERP
- Relevant product manager certification
- Some experience of working at a startup would be advantageous
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K (BRIGHTON)., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.