Full-Time Product Manager
Other than micro-businesses, almost every company needs to ‘book’ something – whether it’s for external or internal customers. Many of these are critical, high-value business problems. BookingBug is the most advanced multi-channel appointment booking technology available, enabling organisations to market and sell their services through multiple channels, spanning online, mobile, in-branch and call-centre.
Every employee at BookingBug plays a key part in helping make complicated booking experiences simple for our clients. These powerful scheduling experiences are built by enthusiastic, collaborative and talented individuals – our People. It’s an exciting time to join BookingBug. We’re scaling up our Product Management team and looking for an experienced Product Manager to join us in making our customers successful.
The Product Management team is responsible for the long-term vision and shape of the product. Each Product Manager functions as the product owner for sections of the BookingBug user experience, such as our admin interfaces, booking widgets, customer queuing, or 3rd party software integrations. You will:
Prioritise for the business and drive completion:
● Act as the main point of contact for customer-facing teams on questions, feedback and education about BookingBug’s product capabilities and status of new customer implementations
● Build the long-term vision and strategy for BookingBug’s external developer products and set roadmaps to deliver on that strategy
● Be responsible for managing the end-to-end development process, including creating development stories, running sprint planning, and tracking tasks within the development teams
● Work with our Technical Solutions Architects to prioritise customer requests
Facilitate a results-driven environment:
● Mentor, coach and develop individuals within and outside of the Implementation and Development teams on Scrum principles, sprint processes, and driving customer satisfaction
● Put in place meaningful KPIs for the role, communicate achievements regularly and demonstrate improvement for both BookingBug and customers
● Drive initiatives and create processes to improve performance and efficiency
● Facilitate events (e.g. stand-ups and retrospectives) to drive progress
● Ensure teams are not over-committing, and that commitments are delivered on
What we’re looking for:
You are a talented individual who loves working with a diverse and committed team. You can quickly translate customer requirements into the language of the system, and take qualified, well thought out approaches to ensuring the delivery of complex projects. What we’d like to see:
● Experience in delivering enterprise-scale SaaS system implementations
● Ability to build product roadmaps by balancing individual customer implementations and long-term vision and strategy
● Significant experience within a similar role, with strong project management experience, and knowledge of Scrum principles, scheduling, sprint processes and Agile
● Highly effective at interacting across technical and business resources from the developer level through to senior management – intuitive with a mix of gravitas and empathy
● Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile, programme management and prioritisation techniques e.g. MoSCoW, PRINCE2, User Stories, ATDD
● Inquisitive and challenging nature along with a willingness to take, and promote an ethos of, ownership, proactivity and responsibility
● Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage complexity
● You’ve built technical communities and understand how to drive enthusiasm amongst developers for our APIs & platform
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability and commercial success of a big business, but the heart and soul of a start-up. Our teams are working on truly interesting challenges, so we need someone who is motivated by problem solving and seeing the wider impacts of their work.
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you! We’re based in Farringdon in a dynamic, fun office, and have international offices in Boston and Sydney as well. We offer a great range of benefits and ample opportunities to develop your skills – including a Learning Library, regular Lunch & Learn sessions and team knowledge-sharing sessions.