Full-Time Product Manager
Working Pattern: Full time
Location: London, Camden: This is not a remote working position, and you must have the right to work in the UK
FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we’ve seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
We are continuing our expansion as we make this journey from offering short online courses, through micro credentials to full online degrees and working with employers and governments to reduce skills gaps. The pace of this change is reflected in extremely rapid growth of our revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Product Manager with a strong interest in consumer business to join our growing product team. The mission for the focus area you will join is to “Attract and engage more paying learners to short courses that help them achieve their goals”.
As a Product Manager at FutureLearn you will work in a small cross-functional team comprised of a Product Designer, Tech Lead, Tech Architect and Software Engineers to develop our product in a way that adds value to its users and the business.
The product group is embedded within a larger focus area for the business so you will work closely on a daily basis with colleagues from our marketing and content teams.
Some recent projects this group has worked on include: growing organic traffic, incentivising the purchase of course upgrades, and integrating a new CRM tool.
At FutureLearn, we think product management has four key facets: understanding, planning, leading and communicating. As a product manager here you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs and behaviour, the market, competitors and our business goals
- Use this understanding to plan what opportunities or problems are most valuable for your team to work on
- And lead them effectively to develop our products through their full lifecycle
- Ensuring that you effectively communicate with stakeholders along the way
We have a career development framework in place, which describes four areas of responsibility with detailed competencies and salary bands for each level within our product management team.
- Track record of sound prioritisation based on insight (market, competitor, quantitative data and user research)
- Ability to clearly define problems, hypotheses and what success looks like
- Experience of leading an agile, cross-functional product team to develop products through their full lifecycle
- Ability to communicate vision, decisions and progress to a range of stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Experience of working in a B2C product team, preferably in a high growth start-up focussed on customer acquisition and retention
- £40-60k depending on experience
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- OU Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Great coffee, teas, fruit and daily breakfast