Full-Time Product Manager
Package: DOE + profit share + benefits
Travel technology is in our blood
At Holiday Extras we believe time is precious, and holidays are some of the most precious times we have. So it’s fitting our purpose and promise to our customers is less hassle, more holiday.
We’re a fast-moving travel technology business, obsessed with making it easy for customers to make the most of their trip. With over 5 million bookings a year we are one of the UK’s most innovative travel companies and continue to grow fast and expand our offering as a trips-based business.
We’re the UK market leader in travel ancillaries; once you have booked a flight and accommodation, we take care of the rest. That includes airport hotels, insurance, airport parking, lounges, foreign currency, car hire, resort transfers and attractions. Almost all of our business is conducted online, either direct through our own website and app or through our network of partners that include the major travel retailers, airlines and tour operators.
Our ShortBreaks business is focused on theme park, theatre and attractions breaks in the UK. We are the digital provider for Merlin Entertainments, and our platform provides the guest booking experience for the likes of Legoland Holidays, Alton Towers Breaks, Thorpe Park Breaks, Chessington Holidays and more.
Our product engineering teams are based in our custom-built Wave, Reef and Barn campuses, just 5-10 minutes from the beach in Hythe, Kent, less than an hour from London. We also have engineers in Sofia (Bulgaria), in Lisbon and at our tech hub in Birmingham. In total we have more than 130 people working on our product development including engineers, product managers, testers, and designers.
How you can make a difference
Product Managers at Holiday Extras work with teams of engineers, designers and testers to build and improve products which help make trip planning, be it for an overseas trip, or a theme park or theatre break in the UK, hassle-free.
You will be responsible for the delivery and execution of our product strategy, and will lead at least one mission-based team of engineers in pursuit of this.
You will be interfacing with external partners and suppliers, and building internal relationships with our Commercial, Partnerships and Marketing & Brand teams.
Working in conjunction with our Development Leads, you will help drive high performance in the Product teams.
Whether your product is customer-facing or not, as a Product Manager there will be a need to understand client, stakeholder and user problems and work out how to solve them.
You define granular deliverables that can be tied back to the ‘bigger picture’.
You will prioritise features and scope efficiently, be comfortable meeting deadlines and reprioritising where it is required.
You will get to understand the tech and data architecture our products are built on, and leverage these to open up opportunities, remove blockers and help your team(s) deliver.
- Self-starter: a driven, motivated individual who identifies opportunities, is prepared to get their hands dirty (digs into details, pushes things over the line).
- Comfortable with ambiguity, remaining unfazed when having to work out how to do things you’ve never been exposed to before.
- Flexible in approach, willing to change and adapt plans quickly based on new information. Cognitive biases are left at the door, and you’re not afraid to fail.
- Data literate – confident and capable in data analytics, able to self-serve and interpret data to inform product direction.
- An inspirational and effective communicator, both written and verbal, able to influence and coordinate internal & external stakeholders with evidence based recommendations.
- Outcome-driven, able to tell us how you moved the dial on KPIs for products you’ve worked on.
- An eye for detail and tenacity to build best in class products.
- You can ‘speak’ tech, design, data and business and love keeping yourself up to date with the latest trends, frameworks, tools and methodologies.
- You’re a natural born leader, people want to work with you – you are someone who loves to get stuff done but has fun along the way.
- You’re anti-fragile, you bounce back after failure and have an appetite for delivering and learning fast.
Having had experience of running product teams for a fast-paced, customer-facing business where mobile is the user’s device of choice, you will have mastered the 9 core skills that we look for in Product Managers:
Strategic Thinking – Communication – Collaboration
Technical Understanding – Customer Experience – Execution
Leadership – Business Acumen – Growth Mindset & Resilience
You will also feel comfortable demonstrating:
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the digital product management cycle.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering significant, innovative product solutions within the E-commerce sector.
- Experience communicating and evangelising your product vision and reporting success at board level.
- Be well-versed across the agile and digital space, have experience motivating and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience of collaborating with digital UX, design, development and content teams to deliver seamless product solutions.
Join us on our journey for the career trip of a lifetime.
We’re an ambitious company, 36 years young with huge growth plans. You’ll feel our energy and enthusiasm from day one. We have 5 core values; Be One Team, Be Pioneering In Spirit, Be At The Helm, Be Courageous and Be The Best Version of You. We offer a huge range of benefits as well as a competitive salary.