Please login/register to apply for this job.
4 Dec 2018
Full-Time Product Manager
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager in Dallas-Fort Worth to coach our clients and projects to success.
Revelry is a digital innovation studio headquartered in Mid-City New Orleans, with offices in Chicago and Dallas. Our nationwide clientele range from startups to large, publicly-traded companies.
About Our Product Managers
Our Product Managers excel at communication within a transparent environment that includes all members of our innovation team (designers, engineers, quality assurance-ers) as well as our clients. A Product Manager facilitates our Lean Agile product development process, ensuring that the products we build create value for our clients, their businesses and the users of their products.
About This Position
As a Product Manager in DFW, you will help our client develop a growing, multi-faceted product that is relied upon in production 24/7/365. This modern web and mobile product enables dispatch/logistics alongside procurement, business analytics, and accounting/invoicing features.
You will work alongside the client Product Owner to refine and define their product ideas to ship viable features in short, 1-week iteration cycles. You will help the Revelry team provide input, influence decisions and implement creative solutions. You will lean on our well-developed process and tooling while knowing when to play jazz and improvise.
You will coach the client Product Owner and their stakeholders in defining product goals and aggressively prioritizing possible features against those goals. You will need to know when to say, “No” and “Not right now.”
- Significant experience in Product Management
- Coaching mentality
- Expert-level communicator
- Hawk-like vision to identify hidden blockers
- Aware of smoke signals and willing to pull the fire alarm
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time
- Eagerness to break down ideas into their simplest form
- Revel in victories – the team’s as well as your own
Nice To Have
- Background in UX Design and/or Development
- Experience in the logistics and/or energy sectors
- Regularly exploring new apps, tools, and processes
- You are a good communicator who has contributed in any way to open source – or, you’re looking for a role where you can give back to open source. This demonstrates that you’re interested in collaboration.
- You are comfortable calling out your plan without waiting for permission – “calling your shot”.
- You can earn our trust by sharing your thoughts and making commitments, and you’re willing to trust your teammates to do the same.
- You see your work all the way through to the end.
- You can debate with empathy.
- You are self-motivated, which means you handle your own time.
- You are not afraid to try new things, and you’re enthusiastic about helping others learn and grow.
- You are pragmatic and can balance “textbook correctness” against practical reality.
- You can keep your eye on the goal, while communicating early and often throughout a sprint.
We work remotely a significant portion of the time, but we would love to find employees who can spend some time in our offices as needed.
Benefits and Perk
- Healthcare benefits
- 21 paid days off a year, plus 10 holidays
- Flexible work hours and locations
We live our core values every day. We communicate openly, often, and with empathy. We trust each other to perform the tasks we’ve been assigned and communicate challenges early. This allows us to clearly call out what we’re going to do and more forward fearlessly. We apply pragmatic ingenuity to build things better. We believe in building alliance between work and life. We are always investing in making ourselves and our company better. And we take the time to celebrate each victory.
How to Apply
You'll fill out our intake form in which we’ll ask you to link to a PR or ticket that you created (preferably in one of Revelry’s open source projects - but dealer's choice). If we like what we see, we’ll schedule a call or in-person interview.
Revelry Labs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.