Full-Time Product Manager
Product Manager – Developer Hub
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch Developer Experience is changing the way we watch and play video games. Our ecosystem of developers use developer products every day to make Twitch the premier destination for live, multi-player entertainment. For example, Twitch Extensions allow viewers to lean-in and be a part of the show — providing information about the game (what character is on screen?); voting for the next segment (what game should I play next?); or, enabling viewers to manipulate the game itself (please drop me loot!).
We’re looking for a product manager to help us build solutions that educate, enable and empower our Developers to build amazing apps for live streaming. You’ll work across the entire company to create features that delight our customers — from discovery and awareness of our products to everyday use and support. Reporting to a Senior PM, you’ll act in both supportive and leadership roles. Some projects in flight need further requirements gathering and testing, whereas others need customer validation and requirements specified to begin work. A PM with an entrepreneurial mindset will thrive in this role, as many customer needs will be vaguely defined and require innovative thinking to bring the right ideas to market. Developer Experience is a unique organization within Twitch that serves businesses and consumers, and considering scalability of solutions and processes is critical to success.
Joining our team will put you in the driver’s seat for creating and executing the vision and strategy for interactive experiences on all platforms where Twitch is available. You love working with people and can collaborate across many internal teams to move mountains and drive alignment on big objectives. You know how to turn customer problems into product opportunities and can craft and execute on an impactful product roadmap that millions of viewers on Twitch will depend on every day. You have a passion for and history of ideating, building, delivering, and supporting high quality, delightful user experiences that reach a broad and diverse base of customers.
- Define detailed specifications and requirements for features that improve the core developer experience on Twitch, informed by our diverse community of customers around the world
- Craft user experiences that delight our customers within their workflows — making solutions that meet them where they are, rather than conform to us
- Propose and greenlight new projects and initiatives that further our mission of empowering developers to build the future of live entertainment and grow businesses on Twitch
- Collaborate across design, engineering, program management, solutions architecture, marketing and more functional organizations to define and deliver features
- Dig into details, sometimes highly technical, to define minimum delightful products.
- Advocate for our customers, championing their needs when needed to make product decisions
- Retain the knowledge of several systems and act as an SME for internal team
- Build bridges across the company to make complex workflows simpler for our customers
- Partner with the Head of Product to define our product strategy on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Have worked as a strategic leader within a B2B organization (within developer experience/relations is a plus)
- Ability to collect and utilize objective and subjective input to inform product decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional projects through launch while handling many moving pieces
- Eagerness to dive into the details, find creative solutions and take responsibility for your projects
- Ability to understand organizational dynamics, influence stakeholders, and create consensus on contentious and big ideas
- Respect for and desire to achieve exemplary design that will delight users
- Have held an engineering/design position prior to applying for this role.
- Proficiency with Figma or similar high fidelity design tools.
- 1-3+ years of work experience as a Product Manager or equivalent role (i.e. program management, strategy, project management, or similar)
- 3-5+ years as a front-end engineer, with advanced proficiency using React and/or standard HTML/CSS/JS
- Understanding of API design and best practices.
- You have shipped a product to tens of thousands of users and played a key role in its success
- You have worked in developer experience or developer relations roles in the past, and love working on developer products
- You have a favorite developer docs experience and can clearly articulate why
- You understand how apps are designed, built and shipped to customers
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages