Full-Time Project Manager, Construction
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are at the centre of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Who we need
Altus Group has an opportunity in Calgary for a Project Manager who can manage million-dollar vertical, commercial, retail or mixed-use construction projects; someone with a construction or architecture background who is skilled in process and change management. This is a role for someone who understands how to manage both the business and tactical side as well as the complex relationships and problems that arise during the construction process.
Altus Group is moving towards a multi-disciplinary project leadership role that includes expertise in scheduling, cost planning, team alignment, change order reviews, progress verification, and risk mitigation. This is the model seen globally which is a more robust approach to leading large-scale complex projects with diverse stakeholders and team members.
We want a Project Manager not just to lead the work, but to work together harmoniously to serve the common good of a successful project. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who can think on their feet, be flexible, engage and manage a team with a profound understanding of how their words and influence will affect others – to grow their career.
What’s in it for you?
Impact and influence. You want a chance to change the way construction projects are managed, and you are excited to be part of the paradigm shift Altus is leading. You want to play an integral part in our teamwork-based approach.
Growth and exposure. You will work for and be mentored by the Senior Director, Cost and Project Management, who has deep insights gained from managing and delivering large-scale construction and infrastructure projects and extensive strategic and operational experience. You want to be part of a group that works collaboratively to reduce risk, maximize value, and deliver the project together with the design team, the contractor, the owner, and all stakeholders.
Our new Project Manager will:
- Oversee new, highly visible, high profile projects.
- Work closely with internal and external business stakeholders to ensure requirements are met to specifications.
- Establish project schedules, manage communications and scope and oversee the project efforts.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end process including setting and managing the design concepts; developing the plan, allocating resources, budgeting, reporting, overseeing implementation, change management and training.
- Grow the business.
- Be the primary source of contact with clients and identify new market needs.
- Prepare RFPs and work closely with Service Area Manager.
- Contribute to the development of marketing strategies to leverage market position.
- People leadership.
- Provide direction and support to project team members.
- Match tasks to strengths and career development plans of team members.
Our new Project Manager has:
- An ideal combination of education, certification, and experience:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field.
- PMP Certification or Scrum Master Certification.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, overseeing and delivering complex Technology projects.
- Project Management skills. You are highly detail oriented and meticulous. Your focus is accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed, and issues are proactively dealt with. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Relationship building expertise. You have expertise working closely with stakeholders to develop effective strategies to realize visions and increase adoption.
- Transparent communication style. You are an outstanding communicator in formal, informal, large, small, verbal and written communications. You can effectively influence and work with people at all levels.
- A creative and process-oriented approach. You have strengths in strategic visioning and concept development. You thrive in a changing environment.
- A drive to continuously improve. You can anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal clients and you are driven to meet or exceed their expectations. You are a forward thinker and can innovate solutions to keep the project – and the business – moving forward.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2500 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work in depth on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares – We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education – We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
Team Spirit – We host an annual hockey tournament and an annual client party. We play badminton in the winter and pick up soccer in the summer. There’s surprise treats, seasonal events and Friday lunches too.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.