Full-Time Senior Product Designer (UX & UI)
TIM, founded in 2002, is the world’s largest trade ideas network and is part of the Acuris company. We specialise in the electronic distribution of trade ideas and investment recommendations through our independent platform (TIM). Our mission is to provide investors with insights that help them earn market-beating returns, and simultaneously help originators of market insight to earn incremental revenue.
At TIM, thousands of investment professionals at banks and research houses use our platform each day to share their recommendations of what stocks to buy. You will be taking over responsibility for the user experience of the contributors, and of their clients, the portfolio managers, that depend on this information for market insight.
Using a Lean UX approach, with emphasis on collaboration over deliverables, you’ll partner with a development team and product manager, delivering in short cycles.
Your main focus will be to improve the existing workflows. Some have become too complex, or are now a poor fit for the domain, and so you will:
- Research workflows, and understand the current user experience.
- Own, evolve, and clarify the overall vision for the future of the user interface.
- Determine specific improvements (UX and UI) through systems thinking, interviewing, sketching, prototyping, and visual design.
- Validate ideas through interviews, usability tests or metrics.
- Ensure end results are polished, pairing with developers to get the final style just right.
We also need your help with:
- Exploring new product opportunities – understanding the need, exploring ideas, and visualising/testing potential solutions.
- Fostering a company-wide design mindset, by improving research techniques, idea generation, and assumption testing.
- Visualising data with our Reporting and Analytics teams.
- Contributing back to our shared Acuris Design System.
Organisationally, you’ll be a key member of the Product Team, reporting to the Product Director, with full support from the execs who believe in the power of UX. Your research and design insights will have direct influence on the company’s vision, strategy and priorities.
As the sole designer on this product, you will need good experience leading design projects, and can draw on designers from our wider team for collaboration, feedback, and support.
You have autonomy to decide how you and the rest of the team can best work together.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re curious, always trying to understand the “why” behind a request, and noticing untested assumptions.
- You help people visualise their thinking, and explore alternatives through sketching and brainstorming.
- You’re not frightened to confront complexity and break it down into manageable chunks.
- You focus on outcomes over outputs.
- You’re comfortable explaining your design reasoning, testing it with others, and assimilating feedback.
- You tell compelling stories about user problems, and articulate how we can make their lives better.
Why work at TIM?
- We have a strong Agile and Lean pedigree, and care deeply about the principles without falling into the process traps.
- Weekly Lightning Talks, semi-annual company summit weeks, and study groups such as Leadership, PeopleOps and Front End development.
- Training budget: over the past few years we’ve been to: UX London, UX Lisbon, User Research London, Lean UX training with Jeff Gothelf, and Heart of Agile with Alistair Cockburn.
- Culture of trust, openness, and self-organisation.
- Generous pension plan.
- Private dental & healthcare, subsidised gym membership.
- Based in our riverside London office near Cannon Street & London Bridge, with rooftop garden. Pool table, table tennis and a Friday social from 4:30pm.
- Flexible hours and autonomy to work from home when needed.