Full-Time Senior Product Manager – New Products
carwow makes choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 190+ based in central London, Munich and Paris. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’ve just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times’ Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
What you’ll be doing
- Making an impact. This is a key hire, and your work will be central to our continued growth in the UK and throughout Europe.
- Working as part of our existing product team, initially on our new leasing product, and then moving on to brand new products and features; from ideas, to MVPs, and to ongoing iterations
- Help define the product roadmap by gathering and analysing data from multiple stakeholders, including dealers, manufacturers, consumers and industry experts
- Take ownership of key areas of the product, monitoring their usage and defining the metrics that will measure success
- Working closely with developers to work out what’s technically possible and what tradeoffs can be made
- Working closely with designers to build wireframes and map out user journeys
- Working closely with analysts to measure usage and change in behaviours
- Using data and commercial reasoning to prioritise a long backlog of items, all of which are ‘high priority’
- Managing and developing the relationships with internal and external stakeholder
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience working in a product management-focused role
- Experience working with large product teams, ideally in a startup environment
- Experience in commercial roles (e.g. strategy consulting) preferred
- Experience managing other product managers
- Highly analytical and used to using complex data to make decisions
- Places a strong value in great design
- Autonomous, not afraid to take control and responsibility
- Great at managing stakeholders, while also confident in voicing your own opinions
- In addition, you should be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the product development process, using industry standard tools.
- You will also have a solid grasp of technology, and the ability to engage in complex discussions with engineers and push back/question when appropriate
We believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a better company with highly innovative products and solutions. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit the criteria, why not get in touch? We value confidence whilst being humble, so are keen to meet those with talent who are the right fit.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis.