Full-Time Senior Product Manager – Tenant Services
Senior Product Manager – Tenant ServicesSenior Product Manager (Fulfilment)
Who are we?
Let’s face it – finding a place to live in ranges from moderately painful to abysmal. Taking time off work for multiple viewings, competition for the best properties, and relentless admin fees make the process time consuming, lengthy and complicated. At Spotahome, we are on a mission to reinvent the property rental experience by making it transparent, instant, and exciting. Loved at last: Unreal estate.
We’re an online marketplace offering anyone, anywhere a comprehensive listing of apartments, rooms, studios, and student residences in the city of their choice. Our home checkers personally check thousands of rooms taking professional photos, HD video tours and designing floor plans, meaning potential tenants can find their new home 100% remotely.
We’re looking for a customer obsessed, results driven, and technically fearless Senior Product Manager to join us in changing the rental industry, from our new office at Chancery Lane, London.
Spotahome has raised a total of $72 million in capital. It is a private series B company backed by Kleiner Perkins, Passion Capital and Seaya Ventures as main investors. Investors also include Travis Kalanick (Uber), Drew Houston (Dropbox), Jeremy Stoppelman (Yelp), Arthur Kosten (Booking.com), amongst others. Since launching in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 people. The rental market in Europe is worth $500B per year (https://bloom.bg/2dPsBDJ)… this is Day 1!
What would you be doing?
- Leading Product Ownership for all Tenant Services
- You will be taking an initial concept, shaping it into a viable business proposition, defining it for delivery, and taking it to market across all regions that we cover.
- You will be developing and improving the proposition to generate revenue, drive traffic to the site, make our Customers lives easy and deliver the ‘icing on the cake’ for their stand-out experience with us.
- You will have a dedicated engineering team within the Fulfilment Tribe to help make Tenant Services really special. You will also have UX and Data resources at your disposal.
- In regards to methodologies, think Agile, fast moving and lean.
What we value
- Visionary: Define a vision and strategy for the organization that leads the way into Tenant Services, using existing ideas purely as a starting point.
- Customer obsessed: Have a clear view on how best to gain insight into the rental challenge from the customers perspective. Get a real understanding of the challenges that they face, and make judgement calls to facilitate the best possible outcome for the Customer.
- Data driven: Lead analysis of complex data, questioning and hypothesising as you go in order to set priorities for yours and other teams.
- Hire and develop the best: You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and guiding existing teams, plus hiring top performers.
- Juggler: Have the ability to deftly handle multiple priorities, striking a balance between growth and efficiency.
- Change driver: Ability to influence different teams across the company, at a variety of levels, including executive leadership.
- Key Partner: Work closely with functional partners (Engineering, Operations, Customer Service) to define strategy, vision, and product requirements that best serve our customers.
- Humility: You will have a wide perspective of your role, which includes the needs of other individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole.
- Ambiguity —> Clarity: You will be happy working with limited information, will love digging through the data for clues, and will be bold enough to move now with what you have, rather than waiting for a complete picture.
- Structured communicator: Transparency and communication will be key to taking the business with you on this journey. For you, communication is planned and structured with a purpose.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: This is a truly creative role but the route forward must be firmly based in sound business practice and a pragmatic approach to getting the product live. You don’t have to have an MBA, but the more varied the business experience you have to draw on the better.
- Experienced: You will have worked in a number of companies and will be able to draw on the best product management methodologies to get the job done. You will have line managed other product managers, will love bouncing ideas of your team mates and always be on a mission to hone your skill set.
Our People and Culture
- We were international from the start. Our four founding partners lived all over the world before getting together to create Spotahome and we’re now a team of over 25 different nationalities.
- We live for the customer and embrace simplicity, we trust in trust and constantly innovate – we truly believe in our mission to make renting as simple and fast as getting a coffee.
- We understand that rush-hour can be horrible, and have flexibility around working hours, and there’s no problem with working from home when you need to. We want you to be in the frame of mind to do your best work.
- We have a focus on continuous personal development and love learning. For this reason, everyone has their own learning and development budget to help them grow…. As long as you teach us everything too 🙂
Here at Spotahome we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.