Full-Time Senior Product Manager
As a Senior Product Manager at Big Human, you’ll work with engineers, designers and all types of clients to build digital products. Whether it’s a hot new startup trying to bring a digital product to market or an existing brand that wants to reinvent themselves, you’ll ensure their requirements are met and their vision is carried out so that they’re left feeling blissfully happy for hiring us. Sometimes our clients know what they want and sometimes they have no idea. It’s up to the Product Team to define what’s really important by interpreting sometimes ambiguous feature requests and prioritizing accordingly.
You should be comfortable creating an MVP feature set and product roadmap to clearly define scope, and set expectations around the product goals, deliverables, schedule and budget. Above all, we want someone who is as obsessed with digital products as we are, and who’s eager to lead and inspire a team to create them daily.
- Champion and execute our clients’ product roadmaps and build user-facing products
- Communicate with clients’ senior leadership to understand their business requirements
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements and deliver product functionality
- Review and write functional specifications to communicate and guide product development
- Articulate and validate key product assumptions through research, user testing, and live testing
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth to help attain client goals
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
- Drive continuous improvements through rigorous analysis and optimization
- Successfully manage projects within time and budget constraints
- Collaborate with other product managers, data scientists, product marketing, designers, and engineering teams to deliver products
- Work with designers and other product managers to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Integrate and analyze product usage to continually optimize performance and user experience
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering, design, or business-related field or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years product management or related work experience in data-driven companies in an agile environment
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries
- Strategic thinker but you also love to get your hands dirty
- Managing time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent leadership skills with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- A record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch
- Obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship
- Delivered products at scale by working with clients to solve their unique needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to balance responsibilities on multiple project initiatives simultaneously
- Experience working collaboratively with engineers and designers to create digital products
- Positive attitude and solution-driven mindset
- Empathetic team player who assumes positive intentions
- Experience with big data, data analysis, data visualization, API’s and real time services
- Strong knowledge of SQL and a penchant for making data-driven decisions
- A technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
About Big Human
We’re Big Human, a digital product design, UX, and development studio located in Union Square, New York. Our clients range from start-ups in various stages to Fortune 500 companies and span almost every vertical imaginable. We also have an internal Labs program where we incubate our own ideas (perhaps you’ve heard of Vine?).
Never a dull moment at Big Human headquarters. We have lots of fun perks that include the ‘normal company’ things like health insurance, gym memberships, 401ks and commuter benefits, as well as some special treats like weekly lunches, massages, yearly retreats and an office Goldendoodle named Hugo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.