This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
14 Sep 2018
Full-Time Senior Product Manager
As a Product Manager at PlanGrid, you are responsible for building the tools that are transforming the construction industry. Product Managers at PlanGrid sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
About the Role:
- Own and execute a product area that creates value for construction enterprise administrators and executives.
- Collaborate with Product Lead to develop overall product strategy and define the vision, roadmap, and goals for the product
- Prioritize potential initiatives through demonstrating their alignment with our business strategy and the value to our current or future users
- Communicate that prioritization to other stakeholders in the company and drive consensus on the path forward
- Work closely with engineering, design, and business team members on business cases, product requirements, development, launch, and adoption
- Understand PlanGrid’s strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Work directly with our customers to unearth pain points and understand their most pressing needs
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – interface with our customers as well as internal stakeholders: fellow product managers, product designers, technical writers, engineers, sales, consulting, customer success, training, and product marketing
- Passion for solving our customers’ problems in the construction space
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization
- Ability to drive projects forward within an organization
- Experience working at an enterprise software company that is building SaaS products is a PLUS
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid’s value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information