Full-Time Senior Product Manager
Do you want to help people get where they are going faster, cheaper, and without ever having to worry about traffic? Voom is a long-term bet on urban air mobility as an alternative to ground transportation. To start we are building the world’s first truly on-demand helicopter booking platform that provides travelers with the ultimate in convenience and reliability, yet does so in the most affordable way possible. We are creating new products, businesses, and processes to more efficiently leverage the world’s existing helicopter fleet, and preparing for the next wave of vertical flight vehicles. Voom is operational today in São Paulo and Mexico City, with more cities launching this year. Voom is a subsidiary of Airbus, the world’s largest airplane and helicopter manufacturer.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for guiding our product strategy, functional requirements, product design, and prioritization across Voom’s product(s). A Senior Product Manager is a skilled analyst and business person, able to weigh competing priorities and rapidly optimize. You will be tasked with creating tools and interfaces for a segment of our users: Riders, Helipads, Helicopter Operators, Drivers, and our internal Customer Support and Flight Planning tools. Voom is growing, and we need your help!
Voom’s Product Team operates in an Agile (XP) way, utilizing tools like standups, IPMs, and retrospectives to organize our team. You will be setting the day-to-day priorities of a team of Engineers and Designers, and working closely with our Marketing and Operations functions. This role will report to the Chief Product Officer.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work alongside the CPO to develop and maintain the product backlog though various tools (Trello, Pivotal Tracker, etc) and build the Product practice within Voom. You will also be sharing these tools and methodologies with Airbus at-large.
- Make quick, data-supported decisions about what to do (and what not to do too).
- Work with Voom’s designers to conduct user research, gather competitive intelligence, and utilize data to learn what works and doesn’t work to deliver growth.
- Build relationships across the organization, stakeholder groups, the executive team, and the greater Airbus organization in order to successfully manage multiple complex projects, and ensure that the business is scaling according to plan.
Some characteristics helpful in this role include:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, Program Manager, General Manager, or similar.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary, engineering-focused product teams.
- You have an organized, structured approach to managing project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependent requirements.
- You have led multiple initiatives that have resulted in transformative growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are a distributed team, and clear communication through multiple countries and timezones is a must. English is a requirement, Portuguese, French, and/or Spanish are bonuses.
- Experience testing and optimizing digital products.
- Experience using analytics tools (Google Analytics, Looker, SQL, Excel/Google Sheets, etc).
- Able to wear many hats, including but not limited to: Quality Assurance, Business Intelligence, Localization, and Project Management.
- You’re comfortable operating at a fast pace in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You love open, honest, healthy communication.
Voom is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.