Full-Time Senior Product Manager / Product Team Lead
Location: Birmingham, UK ( or remote UK only with frequent travel to Birmingham ( two or three days per week ) Department: Product
Who we are
We are one the UK’s fastest-growing tech companies – committed to improving the business travel experience. We know that the secret behind our market leading tech and customer service, is our people. So we take an equally fresh and inspiring approach to building a working environment that engages and motivates our staff to deliver a truly exceptional product and standard of service. It’s what makes us one of the ‘Times Top 100 Companies to Work For’ for 6 years running and gives you the opportunity to join us in shaping the future of business travel.
Our platform recently won a prestigious industry award for Best Self-Booking Tool at the recent Business Travel Awards and significantly we are the only business travel provider to own and develop our own rail booking platform. We’re looking for a creative, pragmatic and proactive Senior Product Owner with experience in the travel domain, to join our team.
As a senior product owner and the team leader for the product team at Click Travel, you will develop and implement product strategies that are consistent with company vision and objectives. You will collect and analyse feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and help deliver end products that will delight our customers and deliver the company vision.
Reporting to the CEO you will be the product owner for two engineering teams and the overall lead for Click’s product team consisting of 5 product owners and 1 UX/UI designer.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the board have visibility of the product roadmap, its delivery status and is assured of its conformance to Company objectives.
You will work with the engineering team to deliver user stories, assisting in design, selection of technology, and quality assurance. You will also consult with the management team to ensure smooth rollout and implementation.
This is a highly technically innovative team, building AWS cloud-based web applications on a service-oriented architecture, so you will ideally have progressed from a technical background or be passionate about technology, and therefore have a good understanding of software engineering and related best practices. You also have excellent business acumen, engagement and communication skills.
- Work with the business users and stakeholders to understand and articulate business requirements to a high-standard;
- Be a strong advocate for our customers internally. You will set product requirements by deeply understanding our customers’ needs, speaking directly to our end-users (both internal and external) listening and interpreting their feedback.
- Lead the team of product owners providing mentoring and development and be the senior product stakeholder in the business.
- Collaborate with engineers and other stakeholders in order to produce well-articulated product concepts, formulated with clear goals and benefits, that ensures our product is useful, delightful and delivered in a timely manner
- Use data-informed thinking to measure and quantify impact on a regular basis, and align your product roadmap with our corporate strategy
- Drive a product vision which is aligned with the strategic company goals, and consistently and clearly communicate that vision to motivate team members and help them contextualise their day-to-day work
- Natural collaboration skills, able to bring business stakeholders and software engineers to a shared understanding and direction;
- Dedication to the craft of product management and creating delightful user experiences
- Experience making difficult, data-driven decisions (including A/B testing, User Testing, Analytics, Market Research, Competitor Analysis, Defining Metrics and KPIs)
- Experience owning large, complex product initiatives to successful completion, resulting in significant business growth.
- Experience mentoring and line managing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to clearly articulate rationale behind your concepts and evangelise them across the business ;
- An understanding of agile software development projects and life-cycles;
- Experience writing agile user stories in a collaborative environment;
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on business critical projects.
- Ability to work with and mixture of in office and remote teams
Nice to haves:
- UX design skills, wireframing and mocking designs with tools like Sketch
- Familiarity with delivering cloud-based web applications, especially using AWS
- An understanding of Domain Driven Design (DDD) and Continuous Delivery practices;
- Experience with Jira, Asana, GitHub, Slack and Google Apps;
- Travel industry experience or exposure.
Key Benefits Description
Exceptional product, exceptional benefits
We know that happy people, create happy customers. We’re proud to support our employees with an amazing range of perks and benefits, including:
Everyone has the opportunity to go out for lunch with the senior leadership team of the company to chat about things and learn about our vision and future.
Give back 1% time
Every employee is encouraged to donate 1% of their working time to the community.
Enjoy the ride
From Summer and Christmas parties to themed office days and online games, we ensure that your hard work is balanced out with a bit of fun.
We’re not slaves to clock watching and manage our employees by output rather than presentism
Share the perks
Access to substantially discounted hotel rates, air and train tickets.
Free snacks and drinks in the office every day.
That’s just a sneak peak, you can find out about the full list of benefits we offer on our website.
Protecting and using your personal data responsibly is very important to us. To find out what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or any that we may collect about you please follow the link: Privacy Statement