Full-Time Senior UX/UI Designer
Tired of reading about the same old start-ups that all seem to do the same thing? How about funerals then… 🙂
Although not the sexiest, funerals are damn important. Too many people get ripped off and too many people don’t get what they want. We’re here to change that and bring innovation to an area of life (or death) that has long been overlooked.
Our business is simple – we help people find, research and engage funeral directors online. Think Airbnb, but for funerals.
We launched in late 2015 and have a proven model we’re scaling rapidly. We’ve built partnerships with funeral directors covering >20% of the UK market and have helped hundreds of people when they need it most.
We’ve secured 2 rounds of Venture Capital funding and have built a stellar team. It’s an exciting time for us and the business – this is your opportunity to join in.
About the role:
We are actively looking for a passionate and forward-thinking Senior UX/UI Designer to join our venture-backed start-up. If you love to crack complex design puzzles and would love to shape the future of the death industry, whether it is web or mobile, this could be the role for you!
Working side by side with our founders, you will own the UX whilst crafting great UI for our products and shaping our brand with consistency and creative expression. With a hand in each stage of the design process, you will collaborate with team members in the UK and Poland, bringing prototypes to life to delight our users.
We’re looking for someone with a constant hunger for qualitative and quantitative insight and constructive feedback to drive better user experience. Your mantra should be design, test, research, optimise and repeat. Someone that puts people/users and business objectives before personal preference and likes
People who experience your designs should feel like we really know them. That’s possible when we keep our customers (and people who aren’t yet our customers) at the core of all our designs. You cultivate a deep empathy for people and their needs that you bring to all your designs.
Foremost you’re a UX Designer who is thoughtful about end-to-end interactions that will delight customers. You obsess over the details. You think across channels and aren’t afraid to go outside your comfort zone to design in innovative ways. You’re passionate about design, telling product stories and solving problems for people.
This is a collaborative workplace and would suit someone who enjoys working in a team and sharing knowledge. We people that have strong interpersonal skills and who are able to react quickly to change.
- Extensive experience as a UX Designer, solving complex UX problems and delivering first-class UI across a variety of interfaces and devices
- Passion for elegant and pixel perfect UI
- Excellent understanding of outputs from user insights and transforming them into consistent UX systems
- Ability to rationalize Design decisions through research or other means
- Ability to design medium and high-fidelity mock-ups using Sketch and Marvel
- Understanding of Web technologies such as CSS and HTML and of the Frontend Developer’s role in the implementation of designs
- Robust understanding of how available technologies impact Design decisions
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate complex interaction design concepts at all levels.
- Ability to facilitate user testing, including experience with obtaining and analysing quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Coding experience ideal but not essential.
- A portfolio available to present
- Join a rapidly growing business run by founders with a track record of success.
- Make a difference to people’s lives
- Work in our own converted art gallery home in Vauxhall alongside other dynamic start-ups
- Free in-house gym, free breakfast, pool table, table tennis, and Friday drinks
- Work in a results-only environment (ROWE) – work how you want to, where you want to, unlimited holidays